Roundup of St. Patrick’s Day events and specials around Summit County
March 14, 2015
Did we miss you?
Did we overlook your St. Patrick’s Day deal or event? Email the information to arts and entertainment editor Krista Driscoll to have it added to the online version of this article.
Looking to get your green on for St. Patrick's Day but not sure where to find the best party? We've taken the guesswork out of it with this collection of food and drink specials, live music and more. All events and deals take place on Tuesday, March 17, unless otherwise noted. For more information, contact the individual establishments.
• Base Nine Bar in Beaver Run Resort (620 Village Road, (970) 453-6000) is open on St. Patrick's Day from 3 p.m. to 2 a.m., with happy hour from 4 to 6 p.m. and 9 to 11 p.m. The bar is serving $4 pints of Fat Tire ($2 during happy hours), $10 Jameson Black Barrel, straight up or on the rocks, and $12 Redbreast 12 Year Irish Whiskey, straight up or on the rocks, plus free pool and darts.
• The Blue River Bistro (305 N. Main St., (970) 453-6974) welcomes the Jerry Weiss Duo on Tuesday, March 17. This talented, professional, flexible and original duo plays all styles of instrumental jazz, from swing to bop, Latin to contemporary, funk and even some jazzed-up pop tunes. The music runs from 5 to 10 p.m., and there's no cover.
• Burke & Riley's Irish Pub (520 S. Main St. 3P, (970) 547-2782) will open at 8 a.m. on St. Patrick's Day, with an outdoor bar and breakfast served until 11 a.m., followed by a lunch and dinner menu of Irish items such as shepherd's pie, corned beef and cabbage and fish and chips. A DJ will be spinning most of the day, starting around 10 a.m., and the bar will be giving away swag from beads and Koozies to T-shirts.
• Celebrate at the Coppertop (620 Village Road, (970) 453-6000) with a St. Patty's Party from 11 a.m. to 7 p.m., with $8 Jameson, straight up or on the rocks; $10 Jameson Black Barrel, straight up or on the rocks; $12 Redbreast 12 Year Irish Whiskey, straight up or on the rocks; $6 Irish coffee; $6 16-ounce drafts of Colorado beer; $4 pints of Fat Tire; $4 pints of green beer and DJ Benji spinning from 2 to 5 p.m. There also will be giveaways and swag from Jameson.
• Breckenridge band El Paso Lasso takes the stage at the MotherLoaded Tavern (103 S. Main St., (970) 453-2572) for St. Patrick's Day. Featuring the music of Mumford & Sons, the Lumineers and much, much more, they pack the house every time they play. The music starts at 10 p.m., and there's no cover.
• The Beaver Run Resort Pool Bar, the "Pub at the Hub (620 Village Road, (970) 453-6000), is serving $10 Jameson Black Barrel, straight up or on the rocks, and $12 Redbreast 12 Year Irish Whiskey, straight up or on the rocks.
• Spencer's Restaurant in Beaver Run Resort (620 Village Road, (970) 453-6000) is serving a special lunch buffet for St. Patrick's Day from 11:30 a.m. to 2 p.m. The buffet includes bangers and mash, corned beef and cabbage, shepherd's pie, boiled red potatoes, Irish potato leek soup, beer cheese soup and a fresh salad bar.
• Traverse in the Lodge at Breckenridge (112 Overlook Drive, (970) 453-9300) will celebrate St. Patrick's Day early on Saturday, March 14, and Sunday, March 15, with a special Irish car bomb menu. Dishes include seared duck breast with parsnip puree, parsnip chips, corned duck and cabbage and orange-Jameson sauce; bison-Guinness stew and Bailey's Irish Cream cheesecake.
• The Cala Inn (40 Cove Blvd. A1, (970) 468-1899) will open at 7 a.m. on St. Patrick's Day, with breakfast from 7 to 10 a.m., including whiskey and eggs, a traditional Irish breakfast of scrambled eggs, rashers and black and white pudding, scones with butter and marmalade or even a bowl of Lucky Charms. Lunch and dinner specials include corned beef and cabbage, and the bar will be serving $6 Irish coffees, $4 Jameson, Paddy and Powers Irish whiskey shots and $5 Guinness, plus giveaways of bar swag and T-shirts.
• Food Hedz World Café (842 Summit Blvd., (970) 668-2000) will have an Irish lunch special from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m., along with corned beef and cabbage.
• Greco's Pastaria (311 E. Main St., (970) 668-5442) will put an Italian spin on the holiday with a sausage and pepper gnocchi with Guinness demi glace, plus discounts on Jameson and Guinness.
• The Moose Jaw (208 Main St., (970) 668-3931) will have live music for St. Patrick's Day with John Truscelli Band. Truscelli describes his music as "soulful Americana rock with a timeless sound and sweet guitar leads." The show starts around 9:30 p.m., and there's no cover.
• Prost (313 Main St., (970) 668-3688) is tapping a special keg of McChouffe for St. Patrick's Day, along with specials on Jameson and Powers Irish whiskeys and live tunes and open mic with Beau Thomas at 8 p.m. The restaurant also will be serving a Rueben special all day.
• Rio Grande Mexican Restaurant (182 Lusher Court, (970) 455-8923) will serve up green Rio Classic Margaritas for $5 from 3 to 6 p.m., plus $3 draft beers and $3 shots of Jose Cuervo Cinge.
• Silverheels Bar & Grill (601 Main St., (970) 668-0345) is serving all you can eat corned beef and cabbage in the bar for $13.95.
• The Tea Bar in The Next Page Books & Nosh (409 Main St. No. 101, (970) 668-9291) will have half-price green tea all day on St. Patrick's Day.
• The 9280 Taphouse (140 Ida Belle Drive, River Run Village, (970) 496-4333) will pour green Bud Light drafts for $3 all day on St. Patrick's Day.
• Pigeons Playing Ping Pong will play a St. Patrick's Day show at The Goat Soup & Whiskey Tavern (22954 U.S. Highway 6, (970) 513-9344) on Tuesday, March 17. Based out of Baltimore, the band has an undeniably unique and versatile live sound that ascends peaks of musical ecstasy. The evolving arrangement of original compositions, psychedelic improvisational jams and contagious smiles have "The Flock" — their self-identifying fan base that stretches from coast to coast — coming back for more. The music starts at 9 p.m., and there's a $5 cover.
• Kickapoo Tavern (129 River Run Road, River Run Village, (970) 468-0922) has a handful of specials, including $6 Irish car bombs, $4 McFadden Irish Whiskey, $4 green Coors Light and a corned beef boxty (crispy potato pancake) topped with a horseradish cream cheese and fresh parsley, served with a side of potato soup, for $14.99.
• Zuma Roadhouse (91 River Run Road, River Run Village, (970) 262-2202) is pouring $3 green Coors Light, plus a dining special of corned beef, cabbage and sea-salt potatoes for $18.
• Murphy's Irish Pub (501 Blue River Parkway, (970) 468-2457) will throw its annual bash for St. Patrick's Day, with doors opening at 10 p.m. and the full Irish menu served all day. The live music will start up with Scott Staten at 4 p.m. and longtime local act Fauth and Curry at 7:30 p.m. The restaurant also will have giveaways all day, including St. Patrick's Day swag and T-shirts, Budweiser neons and a pair of skis from Virgin Island Rental, plus specials on Irish whiskeys and Guinness.
• Red Mountain Grill (703 E. Anemone Trail, (970) 468-1010) will be serving food specials on St. Patrick's Day, including a traditional corned beef and cabbage plate, lamb stew in a bread bowl and Irish egg rolls with filling like a Rueben. The restaurant will also have its regular happy hour, along with specials on Jameson, Irish car bombs and Jager.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Events
- Breckenridge stalking victim says court case barely scratched surface of battle with abuse
- Aspen man who died at parking garage ran to his death
- Summit County residents take to the streets for March for Science
- Breckenridge Ski Resort celebrates closing day with Breck Plunge
- High Country Crime: Bar brawler arrested in Snowmass