Silverthorne festival lets children choose from more than 1,200 free pumpkins
October 9, 2013
If you go
What: Silverthorne Pumpkin Fest
Where: Silverthorne Pavilion North Lawn, 430 Blue River Parkway
When: 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. Sunday
More information: Visit http://www.silverthorne.org
The annual Silverthorne Pumpkin Fest will take place on the Silverthorne Pavilion North Lawn on Sunday from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. The pumpkin patch is free, and there will be more than 1,200 pumpkins this year.
"We had 750 pumpkins last year and did not run out until the very end, so we are really hoping that the pumpkins last and that there will be one available per child through the afternoon," said Blair McGary, pavilion coordinator.
In addition to the free pumpkin patch, Turner Morris Roofing Solutions will be on site with a pumpkin-carving station. There will also be a free petting zoo, three free bounce houses, free face painting, free hayrides and free games for the entire family.
Red Buffalo Coffee will be at the event from noon to 1 p.m. serving up teas, coffees and hot chocolate, and the Lake Dillon Theatre Company will be on site in scary costumes, giving guests a taste of their upcoming Haunted House, which will be held at the Outlets at Silverthorne at the end of the month.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Events
- End of an era: Arapahoe Basin volunteer ski patrol program finished after at least 4 decades
- Vail Resorts, Summit County strike deal on Keystone workforce housing
- Man found dead in Yampa River following extensive search
- Colorado River levels mostly unaffected by lastest snowstorm
- Breckenridge eatery to serve suspension over employee cocaine bust case