Silverthorne festival lets children choose from more than 1,200 free pumpkins
Ryan Summerlin October 9, 2013
If you go
What: Silverthorne Pumpkin Fest
Where: Silverthorne Pavilion North Lawn, 430 Blue River Parkway
When: 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. Sunday
More information: Visit www.silverthorne.org
The annual Silverthorne Pumpkin Fest will take place on the Silverthorne Pavilion North Lawn on Sunday from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. The pumpkin patch is free, and there will be more than 1,200 pumpkins this year.
“We had 750 pumpkins last year and did not run out until the very end, so we are really hoping that the pumpkins last and that there will be one available per child through the afternoon,” said Blair McGary, pavilion coordinator.
In addition to the free pumpkin patch, Turner Morris Roofing Solutions will be on site with a pumpkin-carving station. There will also be a free petting zoo, three free bounce houses, free face painting, free hayrides and free games for the entire family.
Red Buffalo Coffee will be at the event from noon to 1 p.m. serving up teas, coffees and hot chocolate, and the Lake Dillon Theatre Company will be on site in scary costumes, giving guests a taste of their upcoming Haunted House, which will be held at the Outlets at Silverthorne at the end of the month.
Trending In: Events
- Right Brain: Photographer Darren Foti runs Summit County Camera Club
- Six best fall drives to see colors near Summit County, Colorado (video)
- Hike leads kids along fairy forest trail in Breckenridge
- Breckenridge Backstage Theatre hosts auditions for ‘The Lion King Jr’
- Lindsey Vonn releases new book Oct. 4
- Suicide rate in Summit County reaching record levels
- Summit School District works toward medical marijuana policy for students
- Kelly Samuels: 1969 – 2016
- Best fall hikes for aspen leaves in Summit County (before they’re gone!)
- Election 2016: Health care professionals raise concerns about Amendment 69; supporters say it will cure state’s health care ills