Silverthorne Pavilion hosts Sherpas Cinema’s ‘Into the Mind’ ski/ride film
November 13, 2013
If you go
- What: Sherpas Cinema’s “Into the Mind”
- Where: Silverthorne Pavilion, 400 Blue River Parkway, Silverthorne
- When: Thursday, Nov. 14; doors open at 7 p.m., show starts at 7:30
- Cost: $5 in advance, $10 at the door
- More information: To purchase tickets in advance, call (970) 262-7370 or stop by the Silverthorne Recreation Center front desk. For more information, visit http://www.silverthorne.org
The Silverthorne Pavilion will host one of the year's most anticipated ski and snowboard films, "Into the Mind," by Sherpas Cinema, on Thursday, Nov. 14.
The film features top athletes, including Xavier de la Rue, DCP, Callum Pettit, Kyle Peterson and many others, on some of the world's most spectacular and challenging terrain. It tells the story of rising to the ultimate challenge, having the courage to risk fatal exposure and persevering in the quest for achievement.
The feats are not solely physical; they are mental conquests.
With stunning cinematography and groundbreaking storytelling techniques, the Sherpas blur the lines between dream state and reality and immerse you in the mind of a common skier as he attempts to climb and ski the ultimate mountain. Innovative athlete segments actually provide a glimpse into his dreamscape, each one harboring messages that help inform our hero's current, real-life choices.
As you experience the majesty of Alaska, Bolivia, the Himalaya and beyond, "Into the Mind" paints a philosophical portrait of humankind. How do we balance risk versus reward? Why are we inspired to rise to challenges in our lives, and what do we learn on the journey to conquer them?
Tickets are $5 in advance, $10 at the door; the film is family friendly.