Slide ’n’ Slip in Silverthorne to celebrate rec center’s 20th anniversary
June 30, 2014
If you go
What: Slide ’n’ Slip
When: 1-2:30 p.m. Friday, June 27; Friday, July 11; and Friday, Aug. 22
Where: Rainbow Park, 430 Rainbow Drive, Silverthorne
Cost: $1 per person for unlimited slides
More information: call (970) 262-7320 or visit http://www.silverthorne.org
Remember the ’90s? How about 1994? Brazil was about to beat Italy to win its fourth World Cup, and the town of Silverthorne was in the process of constructing a new Recreation Center — big things were happening in the world.
The Silverthorne Recreation Center is celebrating 20 years of success by bringing back some oldies but goodies. Everyone’s favorite, the slide ’n’ slip, will be back at Rainbow Park starting at 1 p.m. Friday, June 27; Friday, July 11; and Friday, Aug. 22. Kids of all ages can cool off while sliding down the hill in Rainbow Park.
“We are so excited to bring back this fun event,” said Nancy Bomgardner, special event coordinator. “When we began brainstorming ideas to celebrate 20 years, we reflected on how popular and successful the slide ’n’ slips from the ’90s were and thought it would be fun to bring it back. Sometimes some of the most fun activities are the ones that take us back to our roots, and that is what we wanted to do here.”
Admission is $1 per person and includes unlimited slips down the slide. All proceeds benefit the Silverthorne Recreation Center Youth Scholarship Fund. For more information on this and other events planned to celebrate the 20th anniversary, call (970) 262-7370 or visit http://www.silverthorne.org.
Trending In: Events
- Wine Ink column: Duckhorn Wine Co. takes a new flight path
- High Country parents hit the road, combining newborn life with camper life
- Escape Room Breckenridge first of its kind in Summit County
- Spend New Year’s Eve at one of these parties around Summit County
- Cut your own Christmas tree in Summit County
- Merchants in Breckenridge to pay for customer parking validations
- Summit County locals open French-inspired bistro on Breckenridge Main St.
- Housing Divided, Part 12: Renters vulnerable in disputes with landlords
- Chairlift speed dating event at Loveland Ski Area Saturday
- Summit County weather forecast calls for steady snow throughout weekend