Social Summit: Learn new skills during Water Safety Month in Silverthorne
Ryan Summerlin May 17, 2014
Are you a social butterfly?
We’re looking for freelance writer-photographers to contribute to our new Social Summit page, which runs Thursdays, Fridays and Saturdays in the Summit Daily. If you have a camera and want to help us capture social events around the county, email arts and entertainment editor Krista Driscoll at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Send us your photos
Social Summit is the new home for reader-submitted photographs. Did you take the Summit Daily on vacation with you and snap a picture? Do you have a few shots from events around town that you want to share? Did you capture a frame of some critters in your backyard? Send your photos to email@example.com.
The town of Silverthorne and Silverthorne Recreation Center are recognizing National Water Safety Month throughout the month of May, with special events for all ages.
“Traditionally, the aquatics area is shut down in May for pool maintenance,” said Suzanna Barth, program pool manager. “This has been moved to the fall, allowing us to shift our focus for this spring and create some new, exciting activities. We are excited to fill this month with activities to promote a safe summer in and around the water.”
Preschool with Longfellow Whale for ages 3 to 5 runs on May 15, 19, 21, 23, 27, 29 from 11 a.m. to noon. School-age classes for kindergarten through 12th grade are held from 4:30 to 5:30 p.m. and include reach or throw on May 19; buddy swim on May 21 and 28; river safety on May 27; boat day on May 16; and ice safety on May 22. There’s also a free drop-in (with paid entry) adult beginner lesson from 5 to 6 p.m. May 30.
For more information and a full calendar of events, visit www.silverthorne.org, call (970) 262-7392 or stop by the Silverthorne Recreation Center at 430 Rainbow Drive in Silverthorne.
Trending In: Events
- Right Brain: Photographer Darren Foti runs Summit County Camera Club
- Six best fall drives to see colors near Summit County, Colorado (video)
- Hike leads kids along fairy forest trail in Breckenridge
- Breckenridge Backstage Theatre hosts auditions for ‘The Lion King Jr’
- Lindsey Vonn releases new book Oct. 4
- Suicide rate in Summit County reaching record levels
- Summit School District works toward medical marijuana policy for students
- Kelly Samuels: 1969 – 2016
- Best fall hikes for aspen leaves in Summit County (before they’re gone!)
- Election 2016: Health care professionals raise concerns about Amendment 69; supporters say it will cure state’s health care ills