Social Summit: Learn new skills during Water Safety Month in Silverthorne
May 17, 2014
Are you a social butterfly?
We’re looking for freelance writer-photographers to contribute to our new Social Summit page, which runs Thursdays, Fridays and Saturdays in the Summit Daily. If you have a camera and want to help us capture social events around the county, email arts and entertainment editor Krista Driscoll at email@example.com for more information.
Send us your photos
Social Summit is the new home for reader-submitted photographs. Did you take the Summit Daily on vacation with you and snap a picture? Do you have a few shots from events around town that you want to share? Did you capture a frame of some critters in your backyard? Send your photos to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The town of Silverthorne and Silverthorne Recreation Center are recognizing National Water Safety Month throughout the month of May, with special events for all ages.
“Traditionally, the aquatics area is shut down in May for pool maintenance,” said Suzanna Barth, program pool manager. “This has been moved to the fall, allowing us to shift our focus for this spring and create some new, exciting activities. We are excited to fill this month with activities to promote a safe summer in and around the water.”
Preschool with Longfellow Whale for ages 3 to 5 runs on May 15, 19, 21, 23, 27, 29 from 11 a.m. to noon. School-age classes for kindergarten through 12th grade are held from 4:30 to 5:30 p.m. and include reach or throw on May 19; buddy swim on May 21 and 28; river safety on May 27; boat day on May 16; and ice safety on May 22. There’s also a free drop-in (with paid entry) adult beginner lesson from 5 to 6 p.m. May 30.
For more information and a full calendar of events, visit http://www.silverthorne.org, call (970) 262-7392 or stop by the Silverthorne Recreation Center at 430 Rainbow Drive in Silverthorne.
Trending In: Events
- Wine Ink column: Duckhorn Wine Co. takes a new flight path
- High Country parents hit the road, combining newborn life with camper life
- Escape Room Breckenridge first of its kind in Summit County
- Spend New Year’s Eve at one of these parties around Summit County
- Cut your own Christmas tree in Summit County
- Merchants in Breckenridge to pay for customer parking validations
- Summit County mulls deed-restriction exceptions
- Housing Divided, Part 12: Renters vulnerable in disputes with landlords
- Summit County locals open French-inspired bistro on Breckenridge Main St.
- Breckenridge puts new water plant on hold after getting $50 million estimate