Social Summit: Somber play highlights talents of Summit High actors
November 21, 2014
The Summit High School Performing Arts Department will present two more showings of the fall play "Blood Wedding," a tragedy by Federico Garcia Lorca, at 7 p.m. Saturday, Nov. 22, and 2 p.m. Sunday, Nov. 23.
When the widow of a murdered farmer discovers her only surviving son has secretly pledged himself in marriage to a mysterious young maiden, she must embrace the fate of her family's legacy. A Bridegroom, a Bride and a murderous hunter, Leonardo, embark upon a love triangle that results in tragedy for the entire community. Guided by the Moon and two Woodcutters, who predict the play's tragic but inevitable outcome, the families of these star-crossed lovers are forever marked by the blood of one wedding eve.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Events
- Plan your Summit County weekend: Dia de los Muertos celebrated in Breckenridge
- Summit Spirits: What is the difference between a ghost and a spirit?
- High Country Birding: Is that a crow or a raven?
- Wine Ink: Implementing modern age of cartography into wine making (column)
- Book review: ‘Almost Pioneers,’ by Laura Gibson Smith
- Discovery Channel’s ‘Gold Rush,’ ‘mining for ratings,’ faces lawsuit from Park County neighbors
- The fate of skiing: Winter Park Resort bucks trends as industry concerns grow over lack of skiing millennials
- Steamboat Ski Area investigating mountain coaster incident
- EPA works to clean up the toxic Jumbo Mine near Keystone Resort
- Summit School District to ‘protect, preserve’ student memorial garden during construction