Summit Community Orchestra, Summit School of Dance present ‘The Nutcracker Suite’ in Keystone
December 7, 2013
If you go
What: Tchaikovsky’s “The Nutcracker Suite”
When: 3 and 6:30 p.m. Saturday, Dec. 7
Where: Warren Station in Keystone River Run Village
Cost: $12 for adults, $7 for children 12 and younger, 5 and younger free
More information: Visit http://www.warrenstation.com
The Summit Community Orchestra, the Summit School of Dance and the CO. Motion Dancers present “The Nutcracker Suite” on Saturday, Dec. 7, at Warren Station in Keystone in River Run Village.
Under the direction of conductor Ann Erdle, the students and performers of the two local organizations take you on a magical adventure showcasing the most popular sounds of Tchaikovsky, including the famous “Waltz of the Flowers” and the “Dance of the Sugarplum Fairy.” Guests can catch two performances: a matinee at 3 p.m. and an evening show at 6:30. Tickets are available online at http://www.warrenstation.com for $12 for adults and $7 for children ages 12 and younger; children 5 and younger are free with a paying adult.
The Nutcracker Suite isn’t the only holiday treat in Warren Station. In the lobby before each performance, enjoy sounds from aspiring young musicians as well as a Holiday Boutique with items including handmade jewelry and ornaments.
A variety of beautifully decorated trees and wreaths will be on display and could be yours to take home after the Holiday Silent Auction. The pieces are trimmed with special gifts, including lift tickets, hats, goggles, lodging packages, wine, yoga, dance lessons, a dinner sleigh ride, Wine and Jazz Festival passes and theater tickets, just to name a few. Trees ornamented by Arapahoe Basin Ski Area and Keystone Resort, along with a “Skier’s Wreath” and a “Tree for the Mind and Body,” are among the most sought-after items. Bids will close during the intermission of the evening Nutcracker Suite performance.
All proceeds from ticket sales and the silent auction will benefit the Summit School of Dance and the Summit Community Orchestra.
Trending In: Events
- Wine Ink column: Duckhorn Wine Co. takes a new flight path
- High Country parents hit the road, combining newborn life with camper life
- Cut your own Christmas tree in Summit County
- Spend New Year’s Eve at one of these parties around Summit County
- Escape Room Breckenridge first of its kind in Summit County
- Summit County locals open French-inspired bistro on Breckenridge Main St.
- Merchants in Breckenridge to pay for customer parking validations
- Housing Divided, Part 12: Renters vulnerable in disputes with landlords
- Chairlift speed dating event at Loveland Ski Area Saturday
- Summit County weather forecast calls for steady snow throughout weekend