Summit County Friends of the Library Book Sale starts Friday, Aug. 8
August 8, 2014
If you go
What: Summit County Friends of the Library August Book Sale
When: Noon to 6 p.m. Friday, Aug. 8, and 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Saturday, Aug. 9
Where: Mount Royal and Buffalo Mountain rooms, County Commons, Frisco
Cost: 25 cents to $2 per book, DVD, CD, etc.
More information: Visit http://www.summitcountylibraries.org
The Summit County Library will host its annual Summit County Friends of the Library August Book Sale on Friday, Aug. 8, and Saturday, Aug. 9, in the Frisco County Commons' Mount Royal and Buffalo Mountain rooms.
On Friday, pay $2 for hardcover books, DVDs and books on CD and $1 for paperbacks and books on tape. On Saturday from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m., all hardcover books are $1, and DVDs, books on CD, books on tape and paperbacks are 50 cents. Videos sell for 50 cents on Friday and for 25 cents on Saturday before 3 p.m. After 3 p.m. Saturday is the Bag of Books Sale, with one bag for $3 or two bags for $5.
The money generated from the book sale will provide much-needed funds for the libraries and is used to sponsor programs that benefit Summit County residents and visitors. The library needs volunteer assistance during and after the sale. If you are available at any of these times and would like to help, call the Main Branch at (970) 668-5555.
Trending In: Events
- This weekend’s live music from Breckenridge, Frisco & Summit County
- Amy Purdy: A bionic fembot’s road to Sochi
- High Country Birding: Is that a crow or a raven?
- Summit County singer Beau Thomas takes the stage on NBC’s ‘The Voice’
- Former Summit local Jessica York went from interviewing actors to being one
- Summit County police blotter: Cop stumbles on freshly-powdered nose
- Lake Tahoe weather: 3+ feet of snow blankets region; power outages begin
- Fremont Recpath receives $4 million in federal funds for construction
- ‘Unstable’ man attacks Aspen police with razor blades
- Take 5: Life of a Copper Mountain avalanche rescue dog