Summit County Music Scene: Songs for spring snow
May 6, 2013
Atomga returns to Frisco
Atomga was so impressive at The Barkley Ballroom on Fat Tuesday that it earned a return engagement on Cuatro De Mayo. Using Afrobeat as its foundation, the band branches out to include funk, jazz, Latin and whatever inspires each of the 12 musicians in this eclectic Denver-based project. Doors open at 8 p.m. for the free show at 9. Visit http://www.barkleyballroom.com for more information.
Rock, blues, country at the Snake
The Snake River Saloon will host The Freeway Revival on Saturday. The Freeway Revival's classic rock, blues, country and jazz blend might remind the listener of a time when music was about things that people could understand and relate to, as well as enjoy; great music from a generation ago is reborn and performed with the same passion and feeling that left such a definite mark on the hearts and souls of the past. Doors open at 4 p.m., and the music starts at 9:30. Call (970) 468-2788 for more information.
Recommended Stories For You
Cinco "Dead" Mayo at Barkley
Celebrate Cinco "Dead" Mayo at The Barkley Ballroom with Dogs in a Pile on Sunday. Band member Ted Tilton calls this "a slap-together gig from bands in the area," with Jimmy Tebeau, from the JGB/Melvin Feals Band; Tilton and Paul Murin, from Dead Phish Orchestra; Jake Wolf, from Rocky Mountain Dead Review; and Robby Eaton Jr., from My Brother's Keeper. The show features Grateful Dead covers and starts at 9:30 p.m., with doors opening at 8:30. Tickets are $10. Visit http://www.barkleyballroom.com for more information.
Get your Americana fix
Rockin' Americana string band Eric Lambert & Friends debuts at The Barkley Ballroom in Frisco on Wednesday. The emerging trio from Chicago, led by guitarist, songwriter and music educator Eric Lambert, along with friends Dan Rogers on bass and Pat Fiddle on mandolin and fiddle, is quickly becoming known for its interactive, improvisational music and high-energy performances. The 21-and-older show starts at 9 p.m., and there is no cover. Visit http://www.ericlambert.com for more information.
Mighty High music
The Mighty High Band will play a free show on Thursday at The Barkley Ballroom. The band plays all the great tunes that the Grateful Dead's Jerry Garcia played in the Jerry Garcia Band, Legion of Mary, Garcia and Saunders and Reconstruction. The song selections from those bands cover a broad spectrum of musical genres, including blues, rock, reggae, traditional folk, Motown, country and R&B. Doors open at 9 p.m., and the show starts at 10. For more information, visit http://www.barkleyballroom.com.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Events
- Summit Spirits: What is the difference between a ghost and a spirit?
- Plan your Summit County weekend: Dia de los Muertos celebrated in Breckenridge
- Celebrate National Wolf Week with your local headwaters Sierra Club group
- High Country Birding: Is that a crow or a raven?
- Relentless are the vines that still grow
- Discovery Channel’s ‘Gold Rush,’ ‘mining for ratings,’ faces lawsuit from Park County neighbors
- Vail Resorts to buy The North Face and Columbia stores in Breckenridge
- Hate ski boots but love to ski? This Colorado company created a way to allow skiers to wear snowboard boots
- Frisco workforce-housing project delayed amid rising construction costs
- US beer critic names Frisco’s Outer Range a top new brewery