Summit Music and Arts welcomes Julianne Scott for clarinet, piano performance
August 2, 2013
If you go
What: Julianne Scott performs music for clarinet and piano by Debussy, Saint-Saens, Scriabin and Gershwin with pianist Len Rhodes
Where: Lord of the Mountains, 56 Highway 6, Dillon
When: 4 p.m. Sunday
Cost: Tickets are $15 in advance or $20 at the door; students and children are free
More information: Call (970) 468-6809
Local nonprofit music presenter Summit Music and Arts welcomes Julianne Scott, principal clarinetist with the Edmonton Symphony Orchestra, performing music for clarinet and piano by Debussy, Saint-Saens, Scriabin and Gershwin with artistic director and pianist Len Rhodes on Sunday at Lord of the Mountains in Dillon.
Born in Calgary, Scott has performed and studied in both the United States and Canada. She is currently the principal clarinetist of the Edmonton Symphony, and from 2007 to 2009, she was the principal clarinet with the Colorado Springs Philharmonic. She attained her Bachelor of Music in clarinet performance from the University of Toronto, where she was as a student of Joaquin Valdepenas. She then studied with Yehuda Gilad at the University of Southern California, where she received her master's degree.
Scott has spent summers participating in a variety of festivals, including the Aurora Chamber Music Festival, Sunflower Music Festival, Aspen Music Festival, the Spoleto Festival and the Music Academy of the West and touring with the National Canadian Youth Orchestra. Scott currently resides in Edmonton, where she is on the clarinet faculty at the University of Alberta and is a Rico Performing Artist.
Rhodes received diplomas from the Royal Academy of Music and the London College of Music, with continuing studies in composition at the University of London. His career as pianist, teacher and organist has spanned more than 40 years. In addition to his recent work as musical director and arranger for the Broadway-bound "One Night with Janis Joplin," he also worked as musical director, arranger and pianist/keyboardist in the Las Vegas MGM Grand's Hollywood Theatre production of "Mike Tyson — The Undisputed Truth."
Rhodes' compositions, arrangements and commissions include BBC Radio, Trinity College London, Kennedy Center and the Virginia Shakespeare Festival. A continually busy performance and concert schedule has included the Edinburgh International Festival; Cathedral of St. Sulpice, Paris; London's Banqueting House; and Summit Music and Arts. He is artistic director of Summit Music and Arts and music director and organist for Lord of the Mountains in Dillon.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Events
- World-class guitarist to perform in Breckenridge
- Plan your Summit County weekend: Breckenridge’s NRO and BMF orchestras to collaborate
- Hike leads kids along fairy forest trail in Breckenridge
- The Summit Hiker: A Colorado Hike on the Flower Valley/Upper Straight Creek Trails
- National Repertory Orchestra to thank emergency workers with benefit concert
- Amped up: Dillon begins work on $8.4M upgrade to town’s premiere performance venue
- Wolverine returning to Colorado? Federal bureaucracy stands in the way
- Colorado’s fourth 14er death of 2017 renews drive to educate hikers of risks
- Mountain Wheels: Second-generation Subaru Crosstrek aims at outdoorspeople (column)
- Breckenridge unveils new Alpine Camp at Epic Discovery fun park