Sweet and sour under one flaky roof
May 3, 2013
If you like the classic combination of sweet strawberries and tangy rhubarb, you’ll love these dessert pot pies. Each is an individual serving of fruit filling topped by a tender crust formed by pie dough cut-outs. With no bottom crust and the fruit pre-cooked, they’re easy, tasty, and fun to make.
Keep in mind that the strawberries will cook more quickly than the rhubarb, so cut them into larger pieces, so they’re both done at the same time.
This recipe gives you a generous amount of dough; you may have some left over. It can remain in the refrigerator for day or freeze it for up to six weeks. Feel free to substitute your favorite crust recipe or a commercial one.
Vera Dawson, a chef instructor with CMC’s Culinary Institute, lives in Summit County, where she bakes almost every day. Her recipes have been tested in her home kitchen and, whenever necessary, altered until they work at our altitude. Contact her at email@example.com.
Trending In: Events
- Halloween events: Tricks and treats around Summit County
- Breckenridge celebrates life, culture with Dia de los Muertos
- Hike leads kids along fairy forest trail in Breckenridge
- This weekend’s live music from Breckenridge, Frisco & Summit County
- Haunted happenings for Halloween in Breckenridge, Frisco, Copper Mountain and around Summit County