Team Breckenridge Sports Club hosts spring fundraiser beer dinner
March 28, 2014
If you go
What: Team Breckenridge Sports Club end-of-the-season fundraiser
When: 6 p.m. Sunday, April 6
Where: Blue River Bistro, 305 N. Main St., Breckenridge
Cost: $100 per person, which includes four-course dinner with beer pairings, gratuity and access to the silent auction.
More information: Seating is limited, and tickets can only be purchased online at http://www.teambrecksportsclub.com
Team Breck beer pairing menu
• Chefs’ greeting: Cambozola and Harzer cheese served with strawberry heirloom compote, carmelized fennel and lavosh cracker, paired with Pilsner
• First course: Sage apple chutney and pear chili honey butter served with rye toast point and carmelized blood orange, paired with Wheeler Wheat
• Second course: Arugula salad served in a roasted onion with confit tomato beer basil dressing and toasted mustard seed, paired with Switchback Amber
• Third course: Roasted duck breast served with scotch demi, ale crème and carmelized leek over a potato onion pie, paired with Telemark IPA
• Dessert: Syrup ginger cake served with beer molasses, sweet black tea cream and treacle toffee crumble, paired with Peak 1 Porter
Team Breckenridge Sports Club, in conjunction with the Blue River Bistro and the Backcountry Brewery, will host its end-of-the-season fundraiser, featuring a four-course brew master's dinner on Sunday, April 6, at the Blue River Bistro.
The evening also includes an upscale silent auction with former Olympian CJ Mueller and other Olympic athletes serving as guest speakers. All proceeds benefit the Team Breckenridge Sports Club youth programs, alpine ski racing and freeride.
Executive chef Brandon Farr has created a unique menu to pair with Backcountry Brewery's signature beers. There will also be a cash bar for other beverages. Team Breckenridge Sports Club spokesperson Mara Sheldon said this is the third year the club has hosted a dinner fundraiser, each year featuring a different theme.
"This year's theme is beer, so this is the first time they have done this," she said. "And it's pretty exciting. Every course has a different beer pairing, so (Farr) and his team partnered with Backcountry Brewery and came up with some creative ideas with these beers and how they would taste with the different items on the menu."
All proceeds benefit the Team Breckenridge Sports Club youth programs, alpine ski racing and freeride.
Sheldon said children are welcome, but every dinner guest will pay the same price: $100 per ticket. The event also offers an exceptional silent auction, featuring a private snow cat ski trip at Keystone, rounds of golf at Keystone, overnight stays in Moab and Denver condos and at Breckenridge's Beaver Run, skis, an MRI from Vail Summit Orthopedics and more.
"We've done several (fundraisers) this year to help funding for the team, to help pay for our coaches, training space, travel — the coaches in particular," Sheldon said. "We have such a stellar group of coaches, so paying them a competitive salary is very important. Only 65 percent of our total amount of operating costs are from our athletes' families; tuition, if you will."
Sheldon said the club has also done a raffle and other events to raise funds, but the dinner and silent auction is a different, more elegant event, with higher-dollar items available in the silent auction.
"We are looking forward to the team's annual dinner at Blue River Bistro and excited about the menu and fun auction items we have donated from businesses and families in our community," Sheldon said. "The proceeds from this event will help our club continue to thrive making great athletes exceptional ones."
About the club
Team Breckenridge Sports Club provides world-class coaching for alpine and freeride athletes. From one-day-a-week to year-round training, the team's elite coaches and staff are committed to helping each athlete reach their potential in their chosen discipline. Programs are designed to instill an athletic way of life matched with personal responsibility in every area of preparation and competition. Team Breckenridge Sports Club has been recognized as one of the top 10 junior racing teams in the country. Since 1988, its coaches and athletes have been recognized internationally for their success and contribution to winter sports.
Sponsors of this fundraising event include Vail Summit Orthopedics, Blue River Bistro, The Backcountry Brewery and Ethos Financial. For information and to purchase tickets, go to http://www.teambrecksportsclub.com.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Events
- Get a bachelor’s in bourbon and bacon this weekend at Keystone Resort festival
- Silverthorne celebrates opening of $9M performing arts center
- Hike leads kids along fairy forest trail in Breckenridge
- Hiking near Breckenridge: Mayflower Gulch-Boston-Gold Hill
- Fourth of July in Summit County: Everything you need to know
- Silverthorne construction fatality may have been caused by equipment blind spot, inspectors say
- Gov. John Hickenlooper takes a spin in visit to possible link in Alma-to-Aspen trail loop
- Frisco’s 10 Mile Music Hall will be biggest venue of its kind in the Rockies, owners say
- Knopf: Why does Colorado make it so hard for immigrant to get driver’s licenses? (column)
- State agencies meet in Silverthorne to create strategies for reducing highway animal deaths