Wild About Colorado festival coming to Breckenridge, July 17-19
July 12, 2014
If you go
What: Seventh-annual Wild About Colorado Art & Outdoor Festival
When: Thursday, July 17, through Saturday, July 19
Where: Carter Park Pavilion, 400 S. High St., Breckenridge
Cost: Workshop prices vary; view the complete schedule online
The Wild About Colorado Art & Outdoor Festival returns to Breckenridge for the seventh year, Thursday, July 17, through Saturday, July 19, to benefit Continental Divide Land Trust. Sixteen acclaimed artists will be painting en plein air on beloved open spaces and public lands. Guided hikes and workshops take place every day. The Art Show & Sale takes place Friday evening, July 18. All activities commence or take place at Carter Park Pavilion, 400 S. High St.
New this year is an Intro to Wildlife Photography Workshop with Richard Seeley, which will teach participants the basics of capturing images of wildlife with dogs playing in Carter Park filling in as easier models. Suitable for any level and no special equipment required, the workshop takes place Friday, July 18, at 9:30 a.m.
Favorite activities and workshops are returning, including Watercolor Painting, with artist Ann Weaver; Intro to Plein Air Painting, with Kim Barrick; a birding tour, with Hugh and Urling Kingery; as well as guided wildflower tours and hikes, an Edible Wild Foods Workshop and an Art Happy Hour.
Public viewing of the paintings created during the event will take place at Carter Park Pavilion each day, with the culminating presentation at the Art Show & Sale on Friday, July 18, starting at 5 p.m. with casual al fresco dining on the covered patio.
The 2014 festival artists are Kim Barrick, Sandi Bruns, Rita Cirillo, Marianna Duford, Beth Erlund, Teri Gortmaker, Joanne Hanson, Jeanne Hougen, Diane Johnston, Deborah McAllister, Karen Ramsay, Marty Rohde, Cheryl St. John, Emily Wahl, Ann Weaver and Ginger Whellock.
Proceeds from the Wild About Colorado Art & Outdoor Festival benefit the land conservation programs of Continental Divide Land Trust. For more information, visit http://wildaboutcolorado.org. For more information about the Land Trust, visit http://www.cdlt.org.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Events
- World-class guitarist to perform in Breckenridge
- Plan your Summit County weekend: Breckenridge’s NRO and BMF orchestras to collaborate
- Hike leads kids along fairy forest trail in Breckenridge
- The Summit Hiker: A Colorado Hike on the Flower Valley/Upper Straight Creek Trails
- National Repertory Orchestra to thank emergency workers with benefit concert
- Amped up: Dillon begins work on $8.4M upgrade to town’s premiere performance venue
- Wolverine returning to Colorado? Federal bureaucracy stands in the way
- Colorado’s fourth 14er death of 2017 renews drive to educate hikers of risks
- Mountain Wheels: Second-generation Subaru Crosstrek aims at outdoorspeople (column)
- Your guide to Summit County’s best OHV and Jeep trails