High Country Baking:Raspberry Cheesecake Torte
April 12, 2017
"Very good… Everyone loved" are some of the notes I've scribbled on this recipe over the years.
It's a shell of soft vanilla cake that embraces tiers of cheesecake, raspberry preserves and an almond streusel.
The layers of flavor and texture are beautifully complementary, and the overall impression is luscious and complex.
It's festive enough to accompany celebration meals and light enough to serve any time of day so consider it for an Easter brunch or a dinner party; it's always a hit.
The only way you can ruin this beauty is to overbake it, so watch carefully.
Vera Dawson is a baking instructor and author of the high-altitude cookbooks Cookies in the Clouds and Baking Above It All, available at The Bookworm in Edwards, and Next Page Bookstore in Frisco. Her recipes have been tested in her Summit County kitchen and, whenever necessary, altered until they work at 9,000 feet altitude. Contact her at email@example.com.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Explore Summit
- Top 6 drives to see fall foliage near Breckenridge, Colorado (video)
- Breckenridge Ullr Fest reclaims record for World’s Longest Shot Ski
- Halloween activities for kids and adults in Summit County
- Summit High School graduate Mandy Moore completes choreography for ‘La La Land’
- Rain means Colorado mushroom hunting is on
- Vail Resorts to buy The North Face and Columbia stores in Breckenridge
- Colorado gem hunters are back near Alma mine that was once a mother lode of rhodochrosite, the official state mineral
- Hate ski boots but love to ski? This Colorado company created a way to allow skiers to wear snowboard boots
- Rescued Silverthorne hiker recounts how he survived 80 hours lost in Colorado 14er backcountry
- Girl who fell from Hotel Colorado fights for life, regained consciousness but in ‘extremely critical’ condition, mom says