Summit 360 Video: Interstate 70 scenic overlook
January 29, 2017
Editor's note: Summit 360 is a new series of daily 360 videos by the Summit Daily News. Check our website every day for new videos from events and places around Summit County.
The scenic overlook along Interstate 70 eastbound between Frisco and Silverthorne is a county staple. Truck drivers frequent the area with mountains as far as the eye can see for a little R & R, and passenger vehicles stop off for a picturesque view or to take a break from the post-skiing traffic. On Sunday evening, the cars eastbound scream by as a passerby drops in for a selfie.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Explore Summit
- Top 6 drives to see fall foliage near Breckenridge, Colorado (video)
- Breckenridge Ullr Fest reclaims record for World’s Longest Shot Ski
- Halloween activities for kids and adults in Summit County
- Summit High School graduate Mandy Moore completes choreography for ‘La La Land’
- Rain means Colorado mushroom hunting is on
- Vail Resorts to buy The North Face and Columbia stores in Breckenridge
- Colorado gem hunters are back near Alma mine that was once a mother lode of rhodochrosite, the official state mineral
- Hate ski boots but love to ski? This Colorado company created a way to allow skiers to wear snowboard boots
- Rescued Silverthorne hiker recounts how he survived 80 hours lost in Colorado 14er backcountry
- Girl who fell from Hotel Colorado fights for life, regained consciousness but in ‘extremely critical’ condition, mom says