Photos: Denver artist creates mural for Silverthorne Performing Arts Center outdoor stage
October 7, 2017
Denver artist Mike Graves was in Silverthorne this week at the town's new Performing Arts Center, spray-painting a mural for the outdoor stage.
Graves is a multi-disciplinary artist, focusing on a large range of mediums, including paintings, illustrations, murals and art figures, according to his bio. His goal is to paint whimsical, bright character-based work that brings people joy and helps them feel like a child again. His art has been seen in Hawaii, Las Vegas, San Francisco, Phoenix, Miami, Chicago, Denver, Houston, Canada, Australia and the U.K.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Explore Summit
- Alpine Dance Academy’s most fun, laid-back recital of year coming Friday
- Summit High girls rugby team puts on annual Air Band performance
- Summit Daily reader photos: Is it summer, winter or fall? Either way, we’ll take it.
- Halloween activities for kids and adults in Summit County
- Top 6 drives to see fall foliage near Breckenridge, Colorado (video)
- Discovery Channel’s ‘Gold Rush,’ ‘mining for ratings,’ faces lawsuit from Park County neighbors
- The fate of skiing: Winter Park Resort bucks trends as industry concerns grow over lack of skiing millennials
- ‘Opt-out’ votes look like slam dunks in Silverthorne, Dillon
- Park County residents rescue dog from 25-foot mine shaft in Fairplay (video)
- New 6-person chairlift installed at Keystone Resort (photo slideshow)