Photos: Epic Discovery Opening Day
June 9, 2017
Several hundred feet below the snowpack line, visitors young and not-yet-old donning shorts and t-shirts explore the opening day of the theme park at Breckenridge Ski Resort's Peak 8 base on Friday afternoon. Formerly known as Breckenridge Fun Park, Epic Discovery offer similar past year rides with additional "learn through play" themes to educate visitors about the White River National Forest ecosystem and its history. From panning for gemstones to zipping through the alpine forest on either a self-control roller coaster or a zip-line, the summer long high-altitude theme park will be open until September 10.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Explore Summit
- Summit Daily reader photos: Is it summer, winter or fall? Either way, we’ll take it.
- Alpine Dance Academy’s most fun, laid-back recital of year coming Friday
- Summit High girls rugby team puts on annual Air Band performance
- Halloween activities for kids and adults in Summit County
- LCD Soundsystem, Method Man and Redman, Martin Garrix, Marshmello to play X Games and Belly Up Aspen
- Discovery Channel’s ‘Gold Rush,’ ‘mining for ratings,’ faces lawsuit from Park County neighbors
- The fate of skiing: Winter Park Resort bucks trends as industry concerns grow over lack of skiing millennials
- Park County residents rescue dog from 25-foot mine shaft in Fairplay (video)
- Steamboat Ski Area investigating mountain coaster incident
- ‘Opt-out’ votes look like slam dunks in Silverthorne, Dillon