On the Hill: A stunning, Olympic-style performance on some crusty bumps
February 13, 2014
VIDEO: Summit Daily News copy editor Heather Jarvis gets intimate with the snow at Keystone.
Keystone Resort: Reporting 1″ of new snow overnight, 4″ in the last 48 hours, 27″ in the last 7 days, powder/packed powder conditions and a 65″ base.
Explore Summit field report: Slight new dusting, snow should soften up with warmer temperatures today, and lots of sun.
Weather: 18 degrees at 10 a.m., sun feels great. Highs in the low 30s.
Liftline status: No line at 9 a.m.
Run of the day: Go Devil
Breakdown: Keystone is running 19 of 20 lifts, providing access to all of its 3,148 acres.
Snowcast: NOAA is calling for a 20 percent chance of snow after 11 a.m. Cloudy, with a high near 33. Breezy, with a west wind 11 to 15 mph, with gusts as high as 24 mph.
Trending In: On The Hill
- On The Hill: Winter storm warning in effect *finally* for Breckenridge (video)
- On The Hill: Backcountry 101 at Mayflower Gulch with Colorado Snowboard Guides (video)
- On The Hill: Sun and fun when the Breck pipe is *finally* done (snow video)
- On The Hill: Backcountry 201 at Mayflower Gulch with Weston and Colorado Snowboard Guides (video)
- On The Hill: Breckenridge Lake Chutes on a bluebird day with fresh snow (video)
- Summit community comes together to support Flight For Life Nurse Dave Repsher (video)
- How snowboarding set the evolution of winter sports back three decades (column)
- Wind Sprints: Parking in Breckenridge an existential crisis (editor’s column)
- Male skier, 43, dies after falling into tree well at Tahoe-area resort
- VIDEO: Police misconduct investigation opened after footage of Leadville arrest surfaces