On the Hill: ‘Bitter Sweet’ turns at Copper Mountain
Ryan Summerlin January 23, 2014
VIDEO: Summit Daily News reporter Joe Moylan carves up some Bitter Sweet corduroy at Copper Mountain.
Copper Mountain Resort: Reporting 0″ of new snow overnight, 0″ in the last week, machine groomed/packed powder conditions and a 48″ mid mountain base.
Explore Summit field report: Copper’s groomers are hard and fast.
Weather: 10 degrees at 9 a.m., increasing to the low-20s this afternoon.
Liftline status: No line at 9 a.m.
Run of the day: Bitter Sweet
Breakdown: Copper is running 23 lifts, providing access to 139 trails and 2,116 skiable acres.
Snowcast: NOAA is calling for a 20 percent chance of snow before noon. There is a slight chance of more snow Sunday night into Monday.
Trending In: On The Hill
- Rocky Mountain Underground opens 1st combo ski shop, bar in Breckenridge
- Breckenridge hires Anne Murphy as new open space and trails manager
- Quandary: Learn about the I-70 Traction Law before the snow hits
- Mountain Town News: Booming summers too much of a good thing? (Column)
- Summit County summer months see bumps in lodging and tourism numbers