On the Hill: ‘Bitter Sweet’ turns at Copper Mountain
January 23, 2014
VIDEO: Summit Daily News reporter Joe Moylan carves up some Bitter Sweet corduroy at Copper Mountain.
Copper Mountain Resort: Reporting 0″ of new snow overnight, 0″ in the last week, machine groomed/packed powder conditions and a 48″ mid mountain base.
Explore Summit field report: Copper’s groomers are hard and fast.
Weather: 10 degrees at 9 a.m., increasing to the low-20s this afternoon.
Liftline status: No line at 9 a.m.
Run of the day: Bitter Sweet
Breakdown: Copper is running 23 lifts, providing access to 139 trails and 2,116 skiable acres.
Snowcast: NOAA is calling for a 20 percent chance of snow before noon. There is a slight chance of more snow Sunday night into Monday.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: On The Hill
- On The Hill: Sledding the old-school Silver Streak at Carter Park (video)
- On The Hill: BONUS Whale’s Tail footage with a snow tornado (video)
- On The Hill: Chasing kinky waterfalls at the final Breck Friday Throwdown park jam (video)
- On The Hill: Crushing 11” in April on A-Basin’s East Wall chutes, cliffs and everywhere else (video)
- On The Hill: Last call for Breckenridge Park Lane laps with the family (video)
- Faces of Hope, Part 1: Frisco mother still coming to terms with her son’s 2006 suicide
- Summit High School honors seven ’17 senior scholars
- Summit County police blotter: Woman unfazed by bee swarm inside her car
- Vail Resorts, Summit County strike deal on Keystone workforce housing
- Summit County eyes completion of Lake Hill master plan process