On the Hill: Blustery with a side of powder at Keystone Resort
January 6, 2014
VIDEO: Summit Daily News reporter Joe Moylan battles the bluster for some turns at Keystone.
Keystone Resort: Reporting 7" of new snow overnight, 8″ in the last 48 hours, a foot in the last week.
Explore Summit field report: Cold and breezy, but 7 inches of fresh should warm your bones.
Weather: Snowing, cloudy and cold, around 4 degrees.
Liftline status: Short line at 8:30 a.m.
Run of the day: Frenchman to River Run.
Breakdown: Keystone is running 19 of 20 lifts, providing access to 102 or 131 runs, or 2,155 of 3,148 skiable acres.
Snowcast: NOAA is calling for snow throughout the day and a high of 5 degrees. More chance of snow overnight. Next storm is due to arrive Tuesday.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: On The Hill
- On The Hill: Seth Karlsrud, king of the jungle, in 2017 Red Bull Slopesoakers at Copper edit
- On The Hill: 2017 Ullr Fest parade with keg bikes, ski jumps and horned helmets (video)
- On The Hill: A-Basin wins the midweek powder jackpot with 9″ (snow video)
- On The Hill: Crushing 11” in April on A-Basin’s East Wall chutes, cliffs and everywhere else (video)
- On The Hill: Flipping The Wailer at Vail in honor of Ben Hinkley (snow video)
- Frisco’s 10 Mile Music Hall will be biggest venue of its kind in the Rockies, owners say
- Breckenridge ambulance provider stripped of transport rights after spat with county government
- Vail Resorts declines Summit County request to split $300k in housing project costs
- Summit Daily editorial: What happened to Vail Resorts’ $30 million housing pledge?
- Faces of Hope, Part 5: Breckenridge couple learns to live with pain of son’s suicide