On the Hill: Blustery with a side of powder at Keystone Resort
January 6, 2014
VIDEO: Summit Daily News reporter Joe Moylan battles the bluster for some turns at Keystone.
Keystone Resort: Reporting 7" of new snow overnight, 8″ in the last 48 hours, a foot in the last week.
Explore Summit field report: Cold and breezy, but 7 inches of fresh should warm your bones.
Weather: Snowing, cloudy and cold, around 4 degrees.
Liftline status: Short line at 8:30 a.m.
Run of the day: Frenchman to River Run.
Breakdown: Keystone is running 19 of 20 lifts, providing access to 102 or 131 runs, or 2,155 of 3,148 skiable acres.
Snowcast: NOAA is calling for snow throughout the day and a high of 5 degrees. More chance of snow overnight. Next storm is due to arrive Tuesday.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: On The Hill
- On The Hill: Sun’s out, fun’s out for slushy spring park laps at Breckenridge (video)
- On The Hill: Breckenridge B-day with the super crew in sunny March (video)
- On The Hill: Wail away! Summit County represents at Ravinos St. Patty’s bash in Vail (video)
- On The Hill: Backcountry 101 at Mayflower Gulch with Colorado Snowboard Guides (video)
- On The Hill: Midnight rider night laps under a nearly full moon at Keystone (video)
- Breckenridge businesses facing discipline over December drug bust
- Storm set to break Summit County’s dry spell with as many as 7 inches predicted Thursday
- Mysterious Aspen ski rental contract may relate to Trumps
- Summit County works to dispel rumors in the immigrant community
- Summit County daycare teachers to get free health care access