On the Hill: Burning up Power Line at A-Basin
January 21, 2014
VIDEO: Summit Daily News reporter Joe Moylan burns up Power Line at Arapahoe Basin.
Arapahoe Basin Ski Area: Reporting 0″ of new snow overnight, 0″ in the last 72 hours, packed powder conditions and a 47″ base.
Explore Summit field report: Good day for groomers with no new snow.
Weather: 16 degrees at 9 a.m., should be a gorgeous day with highs in the low-30s.
Liftline status: No line at 9 a.m.
Run of the day: Power Line
Breakdown: A-Basin is running 7 lifts, providing access to all of its green, blue and black terrain, and 68 percent of its expert terrain.
Snowcast: NOAA is calling for a 50 percent chance of snow Wednesday night into Thursday.
Trending In: On The Hill
- On The Hill: 15in powder day for the godfather, Noah Salasnek (snow video)
- On The Hill: A new line for Lauren Hoover at Breckenridge (snow video)
- On the Hill video report: Watching the clouds roll in at Keystone Resort
- On The Hill: Paralympian Amy Purdy at the IPC Banked Slalom in Copper (snow video)
- On The Hill: Powder laps on Loveland Pass after the storm (video)
- Number of ski resort fatalities, injuries uncertain with lack of public data or oversight
- Breckenridge dog mauled by mastiff, put down a month later
- Dew Tour cancels modified superpipe with Danny Davis, Kelly Clark for 2016
- Housing Divided, Part 11: Developer draws up blueprint for workforce communities
- We bought a … $17,000 sign for the Frisco Town Hall