On the Hill: Checking in from Copper Mountain’s East Village
January 18, 2014
VIDEO: Summit Daily News sports and outdoor editor Sebastian Foltz checks in from East Village at Copper Mountain.
Copper Mountain Resort: Reporting 0″ of new snow overnight, nothing but sunny skies in the forecast for Martin Luther King weekend.
Explore Summit field report: Looking like a great day to get out there and get after it. It's a bluebird day in Summit County.
Weather: Near 20 degrees at 9 a.m., should be a gorgeous day with an expected high of 27 degrees.
Liftline status: No line at 9 a.m.
Run of the day: Checking in from East Village at Copper
Breakdown: Copper is running 23 lifts, providing access to 136 trails and 1,952 skiable acres. Tucker Mountain expected to open this weekend.
Snowcast: NOAA is calling for mostly sunny skies and warm temps through MLK Day.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: On The Hill
- Off The Hill: On a bike with Z Griff, Part 2: Trestle bike park (video)
- On The Hill: Crushing 11” in April on A-Basin’s East Wall chutes, cliffs and everywhere else (video)
- On The Hill: Seth Karlsrud, king of the jungle, in 2017 Red Bull Slopesoakers at Copper edit
- On The Hill: USASA Nationals snowboard slalom with 5-year-old Sloan Alexander (snow video)
- On the Hill video: Celebrate Friday at Breckenridge Ski Resort
- End of an era: Arapahoe Basin volunteer ski patrol program finished after at least 4 decades
- Colorado River levels mostly unaffected by lastest snowstorm
- Man found dead in Yampa River following extensive search
- Breckenridge eatery to serve suspension over employee cocaine bust case
- Friends of the Lower Blue River welcomes new director