On the Hill: Checking in from Copper Mountain’s East Village
January 18, 2014
VIDEO: Summit Daily News sports and outdoor editor Sebastian Foltz checks in from East Village at Copper Mountain.
Copper Mountain Resort: Reporting 0″ of new snow overnight, nothing but sunny skies in the forecast for Martin Luther King weekend.
Explore Summit field report: Looking like a great day to get out there and get after it. It's a bluebird day in Summit County.
Weather: Near 20 degrees at 9 a.m., should be a gorgeous day with an expected high of 27 degrees.
Liftline status: No line at 9 a.m.
Run of the day: Checking in from East Village at Copper
Breakdown: Copper is running 23 lifts, providing access to 136 trails and 1,952 skiable acres. Tucker Mountain expected to open this weekend.
Snowcast: NOAA is calling for mostly sunny skies and warm temps through MLK Day.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: On The Hill
- After years of hiding, Summit County sheriff’s deputy proudly comes out as transgender
- The people of Summit County have spoken: They want a Chick-fil-A
- Summit County visitor captures possible mountain lion screams on video in Keystone
- Eagle man allegedly tried to beat to death female bartender at closing time
- Summit County police blotter: Tequila-fueled Tinder date ends in robbery