On the Hill: Checking in from Copper Mountain’s East Village
January 18, 2014
VIDEO: Summit Daily News sports and outdoor editor Sebastian Foltz checks in from East Village at Copper Mountain.
Copper Mountain Resort: Reporting 0″ of new snow overnight, nothing but sunny skies in the forecast for Martin Luther King weekend.
Explore Summit field report: Looking like a great day to get out there and get after it. It's a bluebird day in Summit County.
Weather: Near 20 degrees at 9 a.m., should be a gorgeous day with an expected high of 27 degrees.
Liftline status: No line at 9 a.m.
Run of the day: Checking in from East Village at Copper
Breakdown: Copper is running 23 lifts, providing access to 136 trails and 1,952 skiable acres. Tucker Mountain expected to open this weekend.
Snowcast: NOAA is calling for mostly sunny skies and warm temps through MLK Day.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: On The Hill
- On The Hill: Sledding the old-school Silver Streak at Carter Park (video)
- On The Hill: Face shots off Falcon Chair with no one else in sight (video)
- On The Hill: Last call for Breckenridge Park Lane laps with the family (video)
- On The Hill: Riding logs and charging hard on a Winter Park road trip (video)
- Vail Resorts, Summit County strike deal on Keystone workforce housing
- Summit County police blotter: Woman unfazed by bee swarm inside her car
- I-70 road update: Eastbound now open at Vail Pass after crash
- Arapahoe Basin Ski Area to extend season with bonus weekend
- End of an era: Arapahoe Basin volunteer ski patrol program finished after at least 4 decades