On the Hill: Checking in from Copper Mountain’s East Village
January 18, 2014
VIDEO: Summit Daily News sports and outdoor editor Sebastian Foltz checks in from East Village at Copper Mountain.
Copper Mountain Resort: Reporting 0″ of new snow overnight, nothing but sunny skies in the forecast for Martin Luther King weekend.
Explore Summit field report: Looking like a great day to get out there and get after it. It's a bluebird day in Summit County.
Weather: Near 20 degrees at 9 a.m., should be a gorgeous day with an expected high of 27 degrees.
Liftline status: No line at 9 a.m.
Run of the day: Checking in from East Village at Copper
Breakdown: Copper is running 23 lifts, providing access to 136 trails and 1,952 skiable acres. Tucker Mountain expected to open this weekend.
Snowcast: NOAA is calling for mostly sunny skies and warm temps through MLK Day.
Trending In: On The Hill
- On The Hill: Backcountry 101 at Mayflower Gulch with Colorado Snowboard Guides (video)
- On The Hill: Riding logs and charging hard on a Winter Park road trip (video)
- On The Hill: Breckenridge Lake Chutes on a bluebird day with fresh snow (video)
- On The Hill: Tour Breckenridge Distillery by fat bike with Z Griff and Ridden (video)
- On The Hill: Shredding Breckenridge Lake Chutes high above mist (video)
- Summit County police blotter: Cop stumbles on freshly-powdered nose
- Lake Tahoe weather: 3+ feet of snow blankets region; power outages begin
- Probation sentence for seven-time DUI offender highlights prosecutors’ frustration over recent law change
- Fremont Recpath receives $4 million in federal funds for construction
- Dog seriously injured after run-in with skier on Tiehack in Aspen