On the Hill: Cruising down Mozart on Ash Wednesday
March 5, 2014
VIDEO: Summit Daily News copy editor Heather Jarvis cruises down Mozart on Ash Wednesday.
Keystone Resort: Reporting 1″ of new snow overnight, 1″ in the last 48 hours, 17″ in the last 7 days, packed powder conditions and a 66″ base.
Explore Summit field report: A chilly, cloudy morning that should clear up to bring us some sun in the afternoon. Slight new dusting of snow on the ground.
Weather: 20 degrees at 9 a.m., wind is a little bitter, good day for a face mask.
Liftline status: No line at 9 a.m.
Run of the day: Mozart
Breakdown: Keystone is running 19 of 20 lifts, providing access to 100 percent of its 3,148 acres.
Snowcast: NOAA is calling for partly cloudy skies. A 20 percent chance of snow in the morning. Highs 29 to 39. West winds 10 to 20 mph with gusts to around 35 mph.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: On The Hill
- On The Hill: Sun’s out, fun’s out for slushy spring park laps at Breckenridge (video)
- On The Hill: Breckenridge B-day with the super crew in sunny March (video)
- On The Hill: At the USASA Nationals ski halfpipe with young Axl Bonenberger (snow video)
- On The Hill: Cruising Keystone groomers and side hits with Colorado fitness gurus (video)
- On The Hill: Midnight rider night laps under a nearly full moon at Keystone (video)
- Skier dies at Loveland Ski Area Friday
- High Country Crime: Notorious Aspen con man gets six years
- Owner of Silverthorne’s Everist Materials hopes recent merger will give staff opportunity to grow
- Do you remember the time Ivanka snuck out…
- 660 tons of herring: The Anderson family fishing story, from Summit County to Chignik, Alaska