On The Hill: Good day to be a shredder with 50″ in 7 days at Breckenridge (snow video)
January 12, 2017
VIDEO: And the storm rolls on in Summit County with more fresh powder than Z Griff knows what to do with. He does just fine with fresh, untracked lines on main runs all across Breckenridge mountain. Where’s the best place to go right now? Anywhere — literally.
Breckenridge official report: 8″ overnight, 9″ in 24 hours, 17″ in 48 hours, 50″ in the last 7 days
Summit Daily field report: It was snowing hard last night at times and we wake to 8″ overnight at Breck. Soft on soft on soft.
Weather: High of 26 F, low of 16 F. Chance snow and breezy.
Lift lines: People are tiring out and digging out as the storm continues to provide.
Breakdown: It was a windy scene yesterday and the snow came down. There will be some very deep pockets in places. The weather has broke a little and visibility is better. Good day to be a shredder.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: On The Hill
- On The Hill: Sledding the old-school Silver Streak at Carter Park (video)
- On The Hill: Last call for Breckenridge Park Lane laps with the family (video)
- On The Hill: Riding logs and charging hard on a Winter Park road trip (video)
- On The Hill: Seth Karlsrud, king of the jungle, in 2017 Red Bull Slopesoakers at Copper edit
- On The Hill: #TBT to Fourth of July bowl and street art on Independence Day in Breck (video)
- Faces of Hope, Part 1: Frisco mother still coming to terms with her son’s 2006 suicide
- Summit County police blotter: Woman unfazed by bee swarm inside her car
- Vail Resorts, Summit County strike deal on Keystone workforce housing
- Summit County eyes completion of Lake Hill master plan process
- End of an era: Arapahoe Basin volunteer ski patrol program finished after at least 4 decades