On the Hill: Hitting some jumps and basking in the March sun at Keystone
March 19, 2014
VIDEO: Summit Daily News copy editor Heather Jarvis cruises through the park with a buddy from her home state of good ole Missouri.
Keystone Resort: Reporting 2″ of new snow in the last 24, 5″ in the last 48 hours, 6″ in the last 7 days, powder/packed powder conditions and a 66″ base.
Explore Summit field report: Lots of sunshine today with some soft, sweet snow. Keystone reported 2 inches in the last 24 hours but none of that was overnight, but the snow is soft and smooth.
Weather: 3 degrees at 9 a.m., should warm up to the mid-30s.
Liftline status: Line beginning to form at 9 a.m., parking lot starting to fill up with spring break traffic.
Run of the day: The Alley to Last Hoot
Breakdown: Keystone is running 19 of 20 lifts, providing access to 100 percent of its 3,148 acres.
Snowcast: NOAA is calling for sunny skies, with a high near 36. West northwest wind around 10 mph, with gusts as high as 17 mph.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: On The Hill
- On The Hill: Sun’s out, fun’s out for slushy spring park laps at Breckenridge (video)
- On The Hill: Breckenridge B-day with the super crew in sunny March (video)
- On The Hill: Wail away! Summit County represents at Ravinos St. Patty’s bash in Vail (video)
- On The Hill: Backcountry 101 at Mayflower Gulch with Colorado Snowboard Guides (video)
- On The Hill: 15in powder day for the godfather, Noah Salasnek (snow video)
- Storm set to break Summit County’s dry spell with as many as 7 inches predicted Thursday
- Breckenridge businesses facing discipline over December drug bust
- Summit County daycare teachers to get free health care access
- Mysterious Aspen ski rental contract may relate to Trumps
- Summit County real estate roundup: High-end real estate sales see spike in January