On the Hill: Hitting some jumps and basking in the March sun at Keystone
March 19, 2014
VIDEO: Summit Daily News copy editor Heather Jarvis cruises through the park with a buddy from her home state of good ole Missouri.
Keystone Resort: Reporting 2″ of new snow in the last 24, 5″ in the last 48 hours, 6″ in the last 7 days, powder/packed powder conditions and a 66″ base.
Explore Summit field report: Lots of sunshine today with some soft, sweet snow. Keystone reported 2 inches in the last 24 hours but none of that was overnight, but the snow is soft and smooth.
Weather: 3 degrees at 9 a.m., should warm up to the mid-30s.
Liftline status: Line beginning to form at 9 a.m., parking lot starting to fill up with spring break traffic.
Run of the day: The Alley to Last Hoot
Breakdown: Keystone is running 19 of 20 lifts, providing access to 100 percent of its 3,148 acres.
Snowcast: NOAA is calling for sunny skies, with a high near 36. West northwest wind around 10 mph, with gusts as high as 17 mph.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: On The Hill
- On The Hill: 2017 Ullr Fest parade with keg bikes, ski jumps and horned helmets (video)
- On The Hill: BONUS Whale’s Tail footage with a snow tornado (video)
- On The Hill: Chasing kinky waterfalls at the final Breck Friday Throwdown park jam (video)
- On The Hill: Crushing 11” in April on A-Basin’s East Wall chutes, cliffs and everywhere else (video)
- On The Hill: Seth Karlsrud, king of the jungle, in 2017 Red Bull Slopesoakers at Copper edit
- Faces of Hope, Part 1: Frisco mother still coming to terms with her son’s 2006 suicide
- Summit High School honors seven ’17 senior scholars
- Historic Frisco cabin to be disassembled after sagging under years of snow
- Peak School in Frisco awards diplomas to first graduating class
- Snowy Peaks provides nontraditional route across graduation finish line