On the Hill: Hitting some soft snow on an almost empty mountain at Keystone
January 30, 2014
VIDEO: Summit Daily News copy editor Heather Jarvis is preparing for some big snow in our near future.
Keystone Resort: Reporting 0″ of new snow overnight, 2″ in the last 48 hours, powder/packed powder conditions and a 39″ base.
Explore Summit field report: Snow is stil soft from Monday’s storm, a little sticky, might be some hidden stashes in the trees.
Weather: 6 degrees at 9 a.m., should get up to the mid-30s.
Liftline status: No line whatsoever, mountain is practically empty today.
Run of the day: Spring Dipper
Breakdown: Keystone is running 19 of 20 lifts, providing access to 3,027 of 3,148 acres.
Snowcast: NOAA is calling for areas of blowing snow and a chance of snow between 11 a.m. and 2 p.m., then snow likely with areas of blowing snow after 2 p.m. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 33. Wind chill values as low as -11. Breezy, with a west wind 10 to 17 mph, with gusts as high as 28 mph. Chance of precipitation is 60 percent. New snow accumulation of 1 to 3 inches possible.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: On The Hill
- On The Hill: Sun’s out, fun’s out for slushy spring park laps at Breckenridge (video)
- On The Hill: At the USASA Nationals ski halfpipe with young Axl Bonenberger (snow video)
- On the Hill video: Celebrate Friday at Breckenridge Ski Resort
- On The Hill: 15in powder day for the godfather, Noah Salasnek (snow video)
- On The Hill: Breckenridge B-day with the super crew in sunny March (video)
- Breckenridge Police Department a leader on diversity and inclusion
- Summit County real estate roundup: High-end real estate sales see spike in January
- Owner of Silverthorne’s Everist Materials hopes recent merger will give staff opportunity to grow
- KneeHab: 7 yoga poses for ACL rehab and recovery
- CDOT starts $2.5 million wildlife fence installation on I-70