On the Hill: Layer up and don’t forget a face mask
Ryan Summerlin February 6, 2014
VIDEO: Summit Daily News copy editor Heather Jarvis’ nose is about to fall off.
Keystone Resort: Reporting 2″ of new snow overnight, 2″ in the last 48 hours, 33″ in the last 7 days, powder/packed powder conditions and a 55″ base.
Explore Summit field report: Slight new dusting of snow on the ground. Wind is bitter cold, and with highs only in the teens, make sure no skin is exposed.
Weather: 1 degree at 9:30 a.m., feels like 1 degree. Will be a chilly day with a high of only 17, clouds and bitter wind chill.
Liftline status: No line, a few people out braving the cold.
Run of the day: Silverspoon to Haywood
Breakdown: Keystone is running 19 of 20 lifts, providing access to all of its 3,148 acres.
Snowcast: NOAA is calling for a 10 percent chance of snow. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 17. Wind chill values as low as -3. West wind 11 to 14 mph, with gusts as high as 23 mph.
Trending In: On The Hill
- Rocky Mountain Underground opens 1st combo ski shop, bar in Breckenridge
- Breckenridge hires Anne Murphy as new open space and trails manager
- Letters: Breck Ski Resort COO talks parking improvements, Frisco residents concerned over zoning
- Mountain Town News: Booming summers too much of a good thing? (Column)
- Quandary: Learn about the I-70 Traction Law before the snow hits