On the Hill: Rain in Sochi, sunshine in Summit, freshies in the forecast
February 20, 2014
VIDEO: Summit Daily News copy editor Heather Jarvis enjoys the warm sunshine while it lasts, which won’t be long today.
Keystone Resort: Reporting 0″ of new snow overnight, 0″ in the last 48 hours, 9″ in the last 7 days, packed powder conditions and a 61″ base.
Explore Summit field report: Warm temperatures and sun in the morning, will be windy and cloudy later this afternoon as a winter storm rolls in, bringing with it some new snow.
Weather: 35 degrees at 10 a.m., sun feels great. Highs in the mid-30s, will drop as the storm rolls in.
Liftline status: No line at 9 a.m.
Run of the day: Spring Dipper
Breakdown: Keystone is running 19 of 20 lifts, providing access to all of its 3,148 acres.
Snowcast: NOAA is calling for snow likely after noon. Cloudy, with a temperature rising to near 28 by noon, then falling to around 16 during the remainder of the day. Wind chill values as low as -2. Windy, with a west wind 23 to 25 mph, with gusts as high as 38 mph. Chance of precipitation is 70 percent. Total daytime snow accumulation of 1 to 2 inches possible. New snow accumulation of 4 to 8 inches possible overnight.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: On The Hill
- On The Hill: 2017 Ullr Fest parade with keg bikes, ski jumps and horned helmets (video)
- On The Hill: BONUS Whale’s Tail footage with a snow tornado (video)
- On The Hill: Chasing kinky waterfalls at the final Breck Friday Throwdown park jam (video)
- On The Hill: Crushing 11” in April on A-Basin’s East Wall chutes, cliffs and everywhere else (video)
- On The Hill: Seth Karlsrud, king of the jungle, in 2017 Red Bull Slopesoakers at Copper edit
- Faces of Hope, Part 1: Frisco mother still coming to terms with her son’s 2006 suicide
- Summit High School honors seven ’17 senior scholars
- Historic Frisco cabin to be disassembled after sagging under years of snow
- Peak School in Frisco awards diplomas to first graduating class
- Frisco Colorado BBQ Challenge music lineup announced