On the Hill: Sexy groomers, arctic temperatures and GoPro stage fright at Copper Mountain
December 24, 2013
VIDEO: On a cold day at Copper Mountain, reporters Sebastian Foltz and Heather Jarvis enjoy some fresh corduroy on Ptarmigan.
Copper Mountain official report: No new snow overnight, 11" in last week
Explore Summit field report: There was no new snow at 9 a.m. and it was cold, but the corduroy was nothing short of sexy.
Weather: Negative 4 degrees at 9 a.m.
Liftline status: No line at 9 a.m.
Run of the day: Ptarmigan
Breakdown: Copper Mountain is running 10 lifts, providing access to 56 trails and more than 583 acres. The Sierra Chair is scheduled to open later this afternoon. All Summit County resorts plan to open new terrain this weekend.
Snowcast: The NOAA is calling for a high of 8 degrees today, increasing to 16 degrees and 10 degrees Saturday and Sunday, respectively. Snow is in the forecast with 3 to 6 inches possible Saturday, followed by a 70 percent chance for more precipitation Sunday.
Trending In: On The Hill
- On The Hill: Backcountry 101 at Mayflower Gulch with Colorado Snowboard Guides (video)
- On The Hill: Backcountry 201 at Mayflower Gulch with Weston and Colorado Snowboard Guides (video)
- On The Hill: Riding logs and charging hard on a Winter Park road trip (video)
- On The Hill: Tour Breckenridge Distillery by fat bike with Z Griff and Ridden (video)
- On The Hill: Shredding Breckenridge Lake Chutes high above mist (video)
- Six-story hotel proposal hopes to “put Dillon on the map”
- Male skier, 43, dies after falling into tree well at Tahoe-area resort
- Probation sentence for seven-time DUI offender highlights prosecutors’ frustration over recent law change
- Lake Tahoe weather: 3+ feet of snow blankets region; power outages begin
- Trump administration puts recreational marijuana in crosshairs