On the Hill: Sexy groomers, arctic temperatures and GoPro stage fright at Copper Mountain
December 24, 2013
VIDEO: On a cold day at Copper Mountain, reporters Sebastian Foltz and Heather Jarvis enjoy some fresh corduroy on Ptarmigan.
Copper Mountain official report: No new snow overnight, 11" in last week
Explore Summit field report: There was no new snow at 9 a.m. and it was cold, but the corduroy was nothing short of sexy.
Weather: Negative 4 degrees at 9 a.m.
Liftline status: No line at 9 a.m.
Run of the day: Ptarmigan
Breakdown: Copper Mountain is running 10 lifts, providing access to 56 trails and more than 583 acres. The Sierra Chair is scheduled to open later this afternoon. All Summit County resorts plan to open new terrain this weekend.
Snowcast: The NOAA is calling for a high of 8 degrees today, increasing to 16 degrees and 10 degrees Saturday and Sunday, respectively. Snow is in the forecast with 3 to 6 inches possible Saturday, followed by a 70 percent chance for more precipitation Sunday.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: On The Hill
- Off The Hill: On a bike with Z Griff, Part 2: Trestle bike park (video)
- On The Hill: Crushing 11” in April on A-Basin’s East Wall chutes, cliffs and everywhere else (video)
- On The Hill: Seth Karlsrud, king of the jungle, in 2017 Red Bull Slopesoakers at Copper edit
- On The Hill: USASA Nationals snowboard slalom with 5-year-old Sloan Alexander (snow video)
- On the Hill video: Celebrate Friday at Breckenridge Ski Resort
- End of an era: Arapahoe Basin volunteer ski patrol program finished after at least 4 decades
- Colorado River levels mostly unaffected by lastest snowstorm
- Man found dead in Yampa River following extensive search
- Breckenridge eatery to serve suspension over employee cocaine bust case
- Friends of the Lower Blue River welcomes new director