On the Hill: Sexy groomers, arctic temperatures and GoPro stage fright at Copper Mountain
Ryan Summerlin December 24, 2013
VIDEO: On a cold day at Copper Mountain, reporters Sebastian Foltz and Heather Jarvis enjoy some fresh corduroy on Ptarmigan.
Copper Mountain official report: No new snow overnight, 11” in last week
Explore Summit field report: There was no new snow at 9 a.m. and it was cold, but the corduroy was nothing short of sexy.
Weather: Negative 4 degrees at 9 a.m.
Liftline status: No line at 9 a.m.
Run of the day: Ptarmigan
Breakdown: Copper Mountain is running 10 lifts, providing access to 56 trails and more than 583 acres. The Sierra Chair is scheduled to open later this afternoon. All Summit County resorts plan to open new terrain this weekend.
Snowcast: The NOAA is calling for a high of 8 degrees today, increasing to 16 degrees and 10 degrees Saturday and Sunday, respectively. Snow is in the forecast with 3 to 6 inches possible Saturday, followed by a 70 percent chance for more precipitation Sunday.
Trending In: On The Hill
- Suicide rate in Summit County reaching record levels
- Best fall hikes for aspen leaves in Summit County (before they’re gone!)
- Letters: Breck Ski Resort COO talks parking improvements, Frisco residents concerned over zoning
- Election 2016: Health care professionals raise concerns about Amendment 69; supporters say it will cure state’s health care ills
- Rocky Mountain Underground opens 1st combo ski shop, bar in Breckenridge