On the Hill: Sexy groomers, arctic temperatures and GoPro stage fright at Copper Mountain
December 24, 2013
VIDEO: On a cold day at Copper Mountain, reporters Sebastian Foltz and Heather Jarvis enjoy some fresh corduroy on Ptarmigan.
Copper Mountain official report: No new snow overnight, 11" in last week
Explore Summit field report: There was no new snow at 9 a.m. and it was cold, but the corduroy was nothing short of sexy.
Weather: Negative 4 degrees at 9 a.m.
Liftline status: No line at 9 a.m.
Run of the day: Ptarmigan
Breakdown: Copper Mountain is running 10 lifts, providing access to 56 trails and more than 583 acres. The Sierra Chair is scheduled to open later this afternoon. All Summit County resorts plan to open new terrain this weekend.
Snowcast: The NOAA is calling for a high of 8 degrees today, increasing to 16 degrees and 10 degrees Saturday and Sunday, respectively. Snow is in the forecast with 3 to 6 inches possible Saturday, followed by a 70 percent chance for more precipitation Sunday.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: On The Hill
- Amped up: Dillon begins work on $8.4M upgrade to town’s premiere performance venue
- Wolverine returning to Colorado? Federal bureaucracy stands in the way
- Colorado’s fourth 14er death of 2017 renews drive to educate hikers of risks
- Mountain Wheels: Second-generation Subaru Crosstrek aims at outdoorspeople (column)
- Your guide to Summit County’s best OHV and Jeep trails