On The Hill: Shredding Breckenridge Lake Chutes high above mist (video)
February 16, 2017
VIDEO: It’s a beautiful day in the neighborhood — for dropping into the double-black, high-alpine terrain at Lake Chutes. Z Griff makes the traverse from the Peak 8 summit to the cornices above the chutes for big turns on an empty day. Fast forward to 1:45 for the drop.
Breckenridge official report: 0″ overnight, 0″ in 24 hours, 0″ in 48 hours
Summit Daily field report: The sun has been out and the runs are excellent. Great day for park and halfpipe as well.
Weather: High of 47F, low of 16F. Sunny and calm.
Lift lines: We may see the start of President’s Weekend crowds today.
Breakdown: Sun and fun today in Summit.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: On The Hill
- On The Hill: Chasing kinky waterfalls at the final Breck Friday Throwdown park jam (video)
- On The Hill: So long, snowboard season, it’s been good out there (video)
- On The Hill: It ain’t too late for Lake Chutes to kick off Breck closing weekend (video)
- On The Hill: Seth Karlsrud, king of the jungle, in 2017 Red Bull Slopesoakers at Copper edit
- Breckenridge stalking victim says court case barely scratched surface of battle with abuse
- Aspen man who died at parking garage ran to his death
- Summit County residents take to the streets for March for Science
- Breckenridge Ski Resort celebrates closing day with Breck Plunge
- High Country Crime: Bar brawler arrested in Snowmass