On The Hill: Shredding Breckenridge Lake Chutes high above mist (video)
February 16, 2017
VIDEO: It’s a beautiful day in the neighborhood — for dropping into the double-black, high-alpine terrain at Lake Chutes. Z Griff makes the traverse from the Peak 8 summit to the cornices above the chutes for big turns on an empty day. Fast forward to 1:45 for the drop.
Breckenridge official report: 0″ overnight, 0″ in 24 hours, 0″ in 48 hours
Summit Daily field report: The sun has been out and the runs are excellent. Great day for park and halfpipe as well.
Weather: High of 47F, low of 16F. Sunny and calm.
Lift lines: We may see the start of President’s Weekend crowds today.
Breakdown: Sun and fun today in Summit.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: On The Hill
- On The Hill: Sledding the old-school Silver Streak at Carter Park (video)
- On The Hill: Last call for Breckenridge Park Lane laps with the family (video)
- On The Hill: Riding logs and charging hard on a Winter Park road trip (video)
- On The Hill: Seth Karlsrud, king of the jungle, in 2017 Red Bull Slopesoakers at Copper edit
- On The Hill: #TBT to Fourth of July bowl and street art on Independence Day in Breck (video)
- Faces of Hope, Part 1: Frisco mother still coming to terms with her son’s 2006 suicide
- Summit County police blotter: Woman unfazed by bee swarm inside her car
- Vail Resorts, Summit County strike deal on Keystone workforce housing
- Summit County eyes completion of Lake Hill master plan process
- Snowy Peaks provides nontraditional route across graduation finish line