On the Hill: Snorkeling at A-Basin
January 31, 2014
VIDEO: Summit Daily News reporter Joe Moylan goes snorkeling on Pali at Arapahoe Basin.
Arapahoe Basin Ski Area: Reporting 10″ of new snow overnight, 14″ in the last 72 hours, powder conditions and a 56″ base.
Explore Summit field report: Powder day with more snow to come.
Weather: 15 degrees at 8:30 a.m., highs today in the upper 20s.
Liftline status: Short line at Pallavicini.
Run of the day: East Avenue to Pali Main Street.
Breakdown: A-Basin is running 7 lifts, providing access to all of its green, blue and black terrain, and 84 percent of its expert terrain.
Snowcast: NOAA is calling for 7 to 11 inches this afternoon, up to a foot overnight and as much as 11 more inches by the end of Friday.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: On The Hill
- On The Hill: Smashing turns at the 2017 Slash and Burn banked slalom in Steamboat (video)
- On The Hill: 8″ of fresh March snow across Summit County, get it! (video)
- On The Hill: Spring pow and a break in the clouds at Copper Mountain (video)
- On The Hill: Cruising Keystone groomers and side hits with Colorado fitness gurus (video)
- On The Hill: Backcountry 101 at Mayflower Gulch with Colorado Snowboard Guides (video)
- Clear Creek coroner: Loveland Ski Area ski patrol mishandled dead skier’s body
- Skier dies at Loveland Ski Area Friday
- Report: Faulty hardware, ‘human error’ led to fatal Flight for Life crash in Frisco
- Breckenridge roundabout and trolley updates hope to lessen congestion woes
- Wolf Creek Ski Area death March 25 confirmed as state’s 12th