On the Hill: Super Sunday turns at A-Basin
February 2, 2014
VIDEO: Summit Daily News reporter Joe Moylan enjoys some Super Sunday turns at Arapahoe Basin.
Arapahoe Basin Ski Area: Reporting 1″ of new snow overnight, 17″ in the last 72 hours, powder/packed powder conditions and a 63″ base.
Explore Summit field report: Perfect place to get some turns in before the big game.
Weather: 15 degrees at 9 a.m., highs today in the teens.
Liftline status: No line at 9 a.m.
Run of the day: Scudder to High Noon.
Breakdown: A-Basin is running 8 lifts, providing access to all of its green, blue and black terrain, and 84 percent of its expert terrain.
Snowcast: NOAA is calling for sunshine today. A storm could move into the area beginning Monday with snow possible through Thursday.
Trending In: On The Hill
- On The Hill: Backcountry 201 at Mayflower Gulch with Weston and Colorado Snowboard Guides (video)
- On The Hill: Winter storm warning in effect *finally* for Breckenridge (video)
- On The Hill: Backcountry 101 at Mayflower Gulch with Colorado Snowboard Guides (video)
- On The Hill: Riding logs and charging hard on a Winter Park road trip (video)
- On The Hill: Breckenridge Lake Chutes on a bluebird day with fresh snow (video)
- Male skier, 43, dies after falling into tree well at Tahoe-area resort
- Six-story hotel proposal hopes to “put Dillon on the map”
- Summit County real estate prices soar due to high demand, low inventory
- Former Summit Housing Authority director reaches settlement with county
- Lake Tahoe skiing: Amid record snow, Squaw to stay open through July 4