On The Hill: Take a road trip to Monarch on 2nd opening day (snow video)
January 13, 2017
VIDEO: It’s easy to get stuck in a rut of the same old, same old. Z Griff takes advantage of bottomless snow all across Colorado for a day-long road trip to Monarch, one of three resorts (along with Crested Butte and Arapahoe Basin) that closed due to too much snow this past week. Yes, not one, but three ski resorts had too much snow for skiing. Here’s what it looked like when the chairs and slopes opened up again.
Breckenridge official report: 0″ overnigh, 0″ in 24 hours, 9″ in 48 hours
Summit Daily field report: It has been quite a storm system and today is a gorgeous bluebird day.
Weather: High of 33 F, low of 15 F. The sun has arrived.
Lift lines: The roads are clear and the people will be out to get it. That being said, there is a lot open and a lot of tired legs from the past week.
Breakdown: Sunny and warm and no wind…we call it postcard weather. Bombs are blasting this morning and the high alpine (Lake Chutes, Peak 6 hike) did not open yesterday. Expect both to open this weekend.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: On The Hill
- On The Hill: Sun’s out, fun’s out for slushy spring park laps at Breckenridge (video)
- On The Hill: Breckenridge B-day with the super crew in sunny March (video)
- On The Hill: Wail away! Summit County represents at Ravinos St. Patty’s bash in Vail (video)
- On The Hill: Backcountry 101 at Mayflower Gulch with Colorado Snowboard Guides (video)
- On The Hill: USASA Nationals snowboard slalom with 5-year-old Sloan Alexander (snow video)
- Storm set to break Summit County’s dry spell with as many as 7 inches predicted Thursday
- Breckenridge businesses facing discipline over December drug bust
- Breckenridge Police Department a leader on diversity and inclusion
- Summit County real estate roundup: High-end real estate sales see spike in January
- Summit County daycare teachers to get free health care access