On The Hill: Take a road trip to Monarch on 2nd opening day (snow video)
January 13, 2017
VIDEO: It’s easy to get stuck in a rut of the same old, same old. Z Griff takes advantage of bottomless snow all across Colorado for a day-long road trip to Monarch, one of three resorts (along with Crested Butte and Arapahoe Basin) that closed due to too much snow this past week. Yes, not one, but three ski resorts had too much snow for skiing. Here’s what it looked like when the chairs and slopes opened up again.
Breckenridge official report: 0″ overnigh, 0″ in 24 hours, 9″ in 48 hours
Summit Daily field report: It has been quite a storm system and today is a gorgeous bluebird day.
Weather: High of 33 F, low of 15 F. The sun has arrived.
Lift lines: The roads are clear and the people will be out to get it. That being said, there is a lot open and a lot of tired legs from the past week.
Breakdown: Sunny and warm and no wind…we call it postcard weather. Bombs are blasting this morning and the high alpine (Lake Chutes, Peak 6 hike) did not open yesterday. Expect both to open this weekend.
Stories You May Be Interested In
Trending In: On The Hill
- On The Hill: Riding logs and charging hard on a Winter Park road trip (video)
- On The Hill: Breckenridge Lake Chutes on a bluebird day with fresh snow (video)
- On The Hill: A-Basin wins the midweek powder jackpot with 9″ (snow video)
- On The Hill: Pow surfing the backyard stash on the Soul Motion (video)
- On The Hill: Shredding Breckenridge Lake Chutes high above mist (video)
- Summit County police blotter: Cop stumbles on freshly-powdered nose
- Lake Tahoe weather: 3+ feet of snow blankets region; power outages begin
- Fremont Recpath receives $4 million in federal funds for construction
- ‘Unstable’ man attacks Aspen police with razor blades
- Take 5: Life of a Copper Mountain avalanche rescue dog