On The Hill: Take a road trip to Monarch on 2nd opening day (snow video)
January 13, 2017
VIDEO: It’s easy to get stuck in a rut of the same old, same old. Z Griff takes advantage of bottomless snow all across Colorado for a day-long road trip to Monarch, one of three resorts (along with Crested Butte and Arapahoe Basin) that closed due to too much snow this past week. Yes, not one, but three ski resorts had too much snow for skiing. Here’s what it looked like when the chairs and slopes opened up again.
Breckenridge official report: 0″ overnigh, 0″ in 24 hours, 9″ in 48 hours
Summit Daily field report: It has been quite a storm system and today is a gorgeous bluebird day.
Weather: High of 33 F, low of 15 F. The sun has arrived.
Lift lines: The roads are clear and the people will be out to get it. That being said, there is a lot open and a lot of tired legs from the past week.
Breakdown: Sunny and warm and no wind…we call it postcard weather. Bombs are blasting this morning and the high alpine (Lake Chutes, Peak 6 hike) did not open yesterday. Expect both to open this weekend.
Stories You May Be Interested In
Trending In: On The Hill
- On The Hill: 2017 Ullr Fest parade with keg bikes, ski jumps and horned helmets (video)
- On The Hill: BONUS Whale’s Tail footage with a snow tornado (video)
- On The Hill: Backflips and rope drops from a week for the meek (video)
- On The Hill: There for the Whale’s Tail rope drop on Ullr Fest weekend (snow video)
- On The Hill: Ripping down the noon groomer at Copper (video)
- Denver man found dead at Breckenridge Ski Resort Friday, Jan. 13
- VIDEO: Rescuer, skier tangled by backpack on Arapahoe Basin chairlift share rescue with Ellen Degeneres
- Breckenridge ski and snowboard theft numbers see uptick in 2016
- Salmonella outbreak spurs major changes at Breckenridge restaurant
- VIDEO: Snowplow crashes through guardrail, down 300-foot embankment after collision with semi