On the Hill: Taking a header in Union Bowl trees at Copper Mountain
January 17, 2014
VIDEO: Summit Daily News reporter Joe Moylan goes head over heels for Union Bowl trees at Copper Mountain.
Copper Mountain Resort: Reporting 0″ of new snow overnight, 4″ in the last 48 hours, 12″ in the last 72 hours, 35″ in the last week, powder/packed powder conditions and a 56″ base.
Explore Summit field report: Union Bowl is where it’s at.
Weather: 15 degrees at 9 a.m., should be a gorgeous day with highs in the mid-20s.
Liftline status: No line at 9 a.m.
Run of the day: Union Bowl
Breakdown: Copper is running 23 lifts, providing access to 136 trails and 1,952 skiable acres.
Snowcast: NOAA is calling for mostly sunny skies and warm temps through MLK Day.
Trending In: On The Hill
- On the Hill video: Backcountry runs on Vail Pass
- On The Hill: Tour Breckenridge Distillery by fat bike with Z Griff and Ridden (video)
- On The Hill: Shredding Breckenridge Lake Chutes high above mist (video)
- On The Hill: MakingTurns Vol. 2, the next backcountry guide from Fritz Sperry (video)
- On The Hill: Breck buys breakfast and first tracks for pass holders (video)
- Breckenridge police issued shelter in place warning due to barricarded individual
- Smell of weed in Denver leads feds to bust of Nebraska marijuana network
- After devastating injuries, Chris Hawks returns to the slopes as a coach
- Hickenlooper appointee files 64 disability access cases
- Mountain Town News: Snow and ice can kill just outside your door (column)