On the Hill: Taking a header in Union Bowl trees at Copper Mountain
Ryan Summerlin January 17, 2014
VIDEO: Summit Daily News reporter Joe Moylan goes head over heels for Union Bowl trees at Copper Mountain.
Copper Mountain Resort: Reporting 0″ of new snow overnight, 4″ in the last 48 hours, 12″ in the last 72 hours, 35″ in the last week, powder/packed powder conditions and a 56″ base.
Explore Summit field report: Union Bowl is where it’s at.
Weather: 15 degrees at 9 a.m., should be a gorgeous day with highs in the mid-20s.
Liftline status: No line at 9 a.m.
Run of the day: Union Bowl
Breakdown: Copper is running 23 lifts, providing access to 136 trails and 1,952 skiable acres.
Snowcast: NOAA is calling for mostly sunny skies and warm temps through MLK Day.
Trending In: On The Hill
- Rocky Mountain Underground opens 1st combo ski shop, bar in Breckenridge
- Suicide rate in Summit County reaching record levels
- Breckenridge hires Anne Murphy as new open space and trails manager
- Letters: Breck Ski Resort COO talks parking improvements, Frisco residents concerned over zoning
- Best fall hikes for aspen leaves in Summit County (before they’re gone!)