On the Hill video report: Another bluebird day at Copper Mountain
January 26, 2014
VIDEO: Summit Daily News sports and outdoor editor Sebastian Foltz hits another bluebird morning Copper Mountain.
Copper Mountain Resort: Reporting 0″ of new snow overnight, 0″ in the last week, machine groomed/packed powder conditions and a 48″ mid mountain base. Over 60” of snow since Jan. 1
Explore Summit field report: Enjoyed another bluebird morning. No new snow a little scratchy in places but mostly solid fresh groomed slopes. Snow likely to soften in the afternoon. Looking like a groomer day.
Weather: Sunny skies, expected high of around 35.
Liftline status: No line at 9 a.m.
Run of the day: CDL to Bouncer
Breakdown: Copper is running 23 lifts, providing access to 139 trails and 2,116 skiable acres.
Snowcast: NOAA is calling for mostly sunny, with a high near 35. Sunny through the weekend, increasing winds Sunday. Snow possible Sunday night and early next week.
Trending In: On The Hill
- Vail Resorts’ partner submits Keystone workforce housing proposal
- Summit Daily letters: Frisco Town Council rushes to build superblock on Main Street
- Video footage from Breckenridge’s Race of the Santas; Bernese Mountain Dog parade
- Summit County mulls deed-restriction exceptions
- Breckenridge puts new water plant on hold after getting $50 million estimate