On the Hill video report: Another bluebird day at Copper Mountain
January 26, 2014
VIDEO: Summit Daily News sports and outdoor editor Sebastian Foltz hits another bluebird morning Copper Mountain.
Copper Mountain Resort: Reporting 0″ of new snow overnight, 0″ in the last week, machine groomed/packed powder conditions and a 48″ mid mountain base. Over 60" of snow since Jan. 1
Explore Summit field report: Enjoyed another bluebird morning. No new snow a little scratchy in places but mostly solid fresh groomed slopes. Snow likely to soften in the afternoon. Looking like a groomer day.
Weather: Sunny skies, expected high of around 35.
Liftline status: No line at 9 a.m.
Run of the day: CDL to Bouncer
Breakdown: Copper is running 23 lifts, providing access to 139 trails and 2,116 skiable acres.
Snowcast: NOAA is calling for mostly sunny, with a high near 35. Sunny through the weekend, increasing winds Sunday. Snow possible Sunday night and early next week.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: On The Hill
- On The Hill: Crushing 11” in April on A-Basin’s East Wall chutes, cliffs and everywhere else (video)
- On The Hill: Seth Karlsrud, king of the jungle, in 2017 Red Bull Slopesoakers at Copper edit
- On The Hill: USASA Nationals snowboard slalom with 5-year-old Sloan Alexander (snow video)
- On the Hill video: Celebrate Friday at Breckenridge Ski Resort
- On the Hill:Ripping with Louisiana snowboard phenom Tyler in Bonanza
- End of an era: Arapahoe Basin volunteer ski patrol program finished after at least 4 decades
- Breckenridge eatery to serve suspension over employee cocaine bust case
- Friends of the Lower Blue River welcomes new director
- Colorado River levels mostly unaffected by lastest snowstorm
- Summit County slammed by spring storm, I-70 an ‘utter mess’