On the Hill video report: Another bluebird day at Copper Mountain
January 26, 2014
VIDEO: Summit Daily News sports and outdoor editor Sebastian Foltz hits another bluebird morning Copper Mountain.
Copper Mountain Resort: Reporting 0″ of new snow overnight, 0″ in the last week, machine groomed/packed powder conditions and a 48″ mid mountain base. Over 60" of snow since Jan. 1
Explore Summit field report: Enjoyed another bluebird morning. No new snow a little scratchy in places but mostly solid fresh groomed slopes. Snow likely to soften in the afternoon. Looking like a groomer day.
Weather: Sunny skies, expected high of around 35.
Liftline status: No line at 9 a.m.
Run of the day: CDL to Bouncer
Breakdown: Copper is running 23 lifts, providing access to 139 trails and 2,116 skiable acres.
Snowcast: NOAA is calling for mostly sunny, with a high near 35. Sunny through the weekend, increasing winds Sunday. Snow possible Sunday night and early next week.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: On The Hill
- On The Hill: Seth Karlsrud, king of the jungle, in 2017 Red Bull Slopesoakers at Copper edit
- On The Hill: Nintendo Switch commercial shoot for Z Griff, The Video Game (video)
- On The Hill: Searching for the space-pow vortex at Wolf Creek (video)
- On The Hill: #TBT to Fourth of July bowl and street art on Independence Day in Breck (video)
- On The Hill: Tour Breckenridge Distillery by fat bike with Z Griff and Ridden (video)
- Silverthorne construction fatality may have been caused by equipment blind spot, inspectors say
- Frisco’s 10 Mile Music Hall will be biggest venue of its kind in the Rockies, owners say
- A sneak peek at the $9 million Silverthorne Performing Arts Center (video, photos)
- Faces of Hope, Part 5: Breckenridge couple learns to live with pain of son’s suicide
- Breckenridge ambulance provider stripped of transport rights after spat with county government