On The Hill video report: Basking in the sun at Keystone Ski Resort
January 16, 2014
VIDEO: Summit Daily News copy editor Heather Jarvis enjoys the oh-so-missed sun at Keystone.
Keystone: Reporting 0″ of new snow overnight, 4″ in the last 48 hours, packed powder conditions and a 42″ base.
Explore Summit field report: The runs are a little windblown and fast. The Outback is open after being closed all day yesterday, hit that to try to find some hidden powder stashes.
Weather: 5 degrees at 9 a.m., should be a gorgeous day with highs in the mid-30s.
Liftline status: Very short line at 9 a.m.
Run of the day:Frenchman
Breakdown: Keystone is running 19 of 20 lifts, providing access to 2,356 of 3,148 acres, 115 of 131 runs open.
Snowcast: NOAA is calling for mostly sunny skies, with a high near 35. Wind chill values as low as -1. West northwest wind 8 to 10 mph, with gusts as high as 17 mph.
Trending In: On The Hill
- Housing Divided, Part 5: Summit workers and families on brink of homelessness
- Summit Daily News announces the 2016 Best Of Summit (photos & video)
- Arapahoe Basin Ski Area the first in North America to open terrain
- Breckenridge to start a new paid parking program later this year
- Complete coverage of Arapahoe Basin Ski Area opening day