On The Hill video report: Basking in the sun at Keystone Ski Resort
January 16, 2014
VIDEO: Summit Daily News copy editor Heather Jarvis enjoys the oh-so-missed sun at Keystone.
Keystone: Reporting 0″ of new snow overnight, 4″ in the last 48 hours, packed powder conditions and a 42″ base.
Explore Summit field report: The runs are a little windblown and fast. The Outback is open after being closed all day yesterday, hit that to try to find some hidden powder stashes.
Weather: 5 degrees at 9 a.m., should be a gorgeous day with highs in the mid-30s.
Liftline status: Very short line at 9 a.m.
Run of the day:Frenchman
Breakdown: Keystone is running 19 of 20 lifts, providing access to 2,356 of 3,148 acres, 115 of 131 runs open.
Snowcast: NOAA is calling for mostly sunny skies, with a high near 35. Wind chill values as low as -1. West northwest wind 8 to 10 mph, with gusts as high as 17 mph.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: On The Hill
- On The Hill: Crushing 11” in April on A-Basin’s East Wall chutes, cliffs and everywhere else (video)
- On The Hill: Seth Karlsrud, king of the jungle, in 2017 Red Bull Slopesoakers at Copper edit
- On The Hill: USASA Nationals snowboard slalom with 5-year-old Sloan Alexander (snow video)
- On the Hill video: Celebrate Friday at Breckenridge Ski Resort
- On the Hill:Ripping with Louisiana snowboard phenom Tyler in Bonanza
- End of an era: Arapahoe Basin volunteer ski patrol program finished after at least 4 decades
- Breckenridge eatery to serve suspension over employee cocaine bust case
- Friends of the Lower Blue River welcomes new director
- Colorado River levels mostly unaffected by lastest snowstorm
- Summit County slammed by spring storm, I-70 an ‘utter mess’