On the Hill video report: Bluebirds are back at Copper Mountain
Ryan Summerlin March 29, 2014
VIDEO: Summit Daily News sports and outdoor editor Sebastian Foltz takes in clear skies and sun at Copper Mountain.
Copper Mountain Resort: Reporting 1 inches of new snow in the last 24 hours. Expected high in mid thirties.
Summit field report: Bluebirds chirping. It’s setting up to be a gorgeous one. No new snow overnight, existing snow is nice and soft.
Weather: In the low twenties at 9 a.m. expected high around 36
Liftline status: No line at 9 a.m.
Run of the day: Oh No and Andy’s Encore
Breakdown: Copper is running all 23 lifts
Snowcast: NOAA is calling for mostly sunny, with a high near 32. Sunday: A 40 percent chance of snow showers, mainly after noon. Some thunder is also possible. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 38.
Trending In: On The Hill
- Suicide rate in Summit County reaching record levels
- Best fall hikes for aspen leaves in Summit County (before they’re gone!)
- Letters: Breck Ski Resort COO talks parking improvements, Frisco residents concerned over zoning
- Election 2016: Health care professionals raise concerns about Amendment 69; supporters say it will cure state’s health care ills
- Summit School District works toward medical marijuana policy for students