On the Hill video report: Breezy at Breckenridge
Ryan Summerlin February 22, 2014
VIDEO: Summit Daily News sports and outdoor editor Sebastian Foltz was too early for the T-Bart at Breckenridge.
Breckenridge Resort: Reporting 1 inch of new snow in the last 24 hours.
Explore Summit field report: Maybe an inch of fresh. Breezy and in the low 20’s at 9 a.m. Lots of patrol blasting, upper terrain likely open late morning.
Weather: 20 degrees at 9 a.m. expected high around 32 degrees.
Liftline status: Minimal line at 9 a.m.
Run of the day: T-Bar fail, in and out of trees on Northstar
Breakdown: Breckenridge is reporting all 35 lifts as running. Upper bowls likely delated opening
Snowcast: NOAA is reporting snow likely. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 32. Windy, with a west wind 17 to 25 mph, with gusts as high as 40 mph. Chance of precipitation is 70%. Total daytime snow accumulation of less than one inch possible. Tonight: Snow with areas of blowing snow before 11pm, then snow likely with areas of blowing snow after 11pm. Low around 13. Wind chill values as low as -6. Windy, with a west wind 22 to 25 mph, with gusts as high as 40 mph. Chance of precipitation is 80%. New snow accumulation of 2 to 4 inches possible.
Trending In: On The Hill
- Housing Divided, Part 2: Summit’s most vital workers live elsewhere
- Breckenridge town council rebuts claim it reneged on parking garage promise
- Truck stolen from Wildernest winds up on Baldy Road in Breckenridge
- Kelly Samuels: 1969 – 2016
- Amaya’s ex-wife says they tried exorcism of him two years before double homicide