On the Hill video report: Carving cords at Copper Mountain
January 24, 2014
VIDEO: Summit Daily News sports and outdoor editor carves some corduroy at Copper Mountain.
Copper Mountain Resort: Reporting 0″ of new snow overnight, 0″ in the last week, machine groomed/packed powder conditions and a 48″ mid mountain base.
Explore Summit field report: Copper’s groomers are sliding sexy, and the moguls were surprisingly pleasant
Weather: 17 degrees at 9 a.m., expected high of around 30.
Liftline status: No line at 9 a.m.
Run of the day: Oh No under Super Bee [Former U.S. Ski team trainin course line]
Breakdown: Copper is running 23 lifts, providing access to 139 trails and 2,116 skiable acres.
Snowcast: NOAA is calling for mostly sunny, with a high near 28. West northwest wind 11 to 13 mph, with gusts as high as 21 mph. Sunny through the weekend with snow possible Sunday night and early next week.
Trending In: On The Hill
- On The Hill: Backcountry 101 at Mayflower Gulch with Colorado Snowboard Guides (video)
- On The Hill: Riding logs and charging hard on a Winter Park road trip (video)
- On The Hill: Breckenridge Lake Chutes on a bluebird day with fresh snow (video)
- On The Hill: Tour Breckenridge Distillery by fat bike with Z Griff and Ridden (video)
- On The Hill: Shredding Breckenridge Lake Chutes high above mist (video)
- Summit County police blotter: Cop stumbles on freshly-powdered nose
- Lake Tahoe weather: 3+ feet of snow blankets region; power outages begin
- Probation sentence for seven-time DUI offender highlights prosecutors’ frustration over recent law change
- Fremont Recpath receives $4 million in federal funds for construction
- Dog seriously injured after run-in with skier on Tiehack in Aspen