On the Hill video report: Carving cords at Copper Mountain
Ryan Summerlin January 24, 2014
VIDEO: Summit Daily News sports and outdoor editor carves some corduroy at Copper Mountain.
Copper Mountain Resort: Reporting 0″ of new snow overnight, 0″ in the last week, machine groomed/packed powder conditions and a 48″ mid mountain base.
Explore Summit field report: Copper’s groomers are sliding sexy, and the moguls were surprisingly pleasant
Weather: 17 degrees at 9 a.m., expected high of around 30.
Liftline status: No line at 9 a.m.
Run of the day: Oh No under Super Bee [Former U.S. Ski team trainin course line]
Breakdown: Copper is running 23 lifts, providing access to 139 trails and 2,116 skiable acres.
Snowcast: NOAA is calling for mostly sunny, with a high near 28. West northwest wind 11 to 13 mph, with gusts as high as 21 mph. Sunny through the weekend with snow possible Sunday night and early next week.
Trending In: On The Hill
- ‘Deplorables for Trump’ banner vandalized in Dillon
- Housing Divided, Part 1: Study confirms severity of Summit County housing crisis
- Summit County real estate round-up: Lack of property stock causes stall in August sales
- Rocky Mountain Underground opens 1st combo ski shop, bar in Breckenridge
- Bystanders testify to Bostic’s death in Frisco murder case