On the Hill video report: Carving cords at Copper Mountain
January 24, 2014
VIDEO: Summit Daily News sports and outdoor editor carves some corduroy at Copper Mountain.
Copper Mountain Resort: Reporting 0″ of new snow overnight, 0″ in the last week, machine groomed/packed powder conditions and a 48″ mid mountain base.
Explore Summit field report: Copper’s groomers are sliding sexy, and the moguls were surprisingly pleasant
Weather: 17 degrees at 9 a.m., expected high of around 30.
Liftline status: No line at 9 a.m.
Run of the day: Oh No under Super Bee [Former U.S. Ski team trainin course line]
Breakdown: Copper is running 23 lifts, providing access to 139 trails and 2,116 skiable acres.
Snowcast: NOAA is calling for mostly sunny, with a high near 28. West northwest wind 11 to 13 mph, with gusts as high as 21 mph. Sunny through the weekend with snow possible Sunday night and early next week.
Trending In: On The Hill
- Man ordered to pay $260K for reckless skiing in Keystone
- Guide to 2016 opening day terrain and lifts at Keystone, Breck, Copper and Loveland
- Cows on the loose after I-70 truck rollover
- Snowboarder charged $260K in damages from collision at Keystone won’t have to pay
- 5th Judicial District Attorney: Candidate embraces past mistake