On the Hill video report: Carving cords at Copper Mountain
January 24, 2014
VIDEO: Summit Daily News sports and outdoor editor carves some corduroy at Copper Mountain.
Copper Mountain Resort: Reporting 0″ of new snow overnight, 0″ in the last week, machine groomed/packed powder conditions and a 48″ mid mountain base.
Explore Summit field report: Copper’s groomers are sliding sexy, and the moguls were surprisingly pleasant
Weather: 17 degrees at 9 a.m., expected high of around 30.
Liftline status: No line at 9 a.m.
Run of the day: Oh No under Super Bee [Former U.S. Ski team trainin course line]
Breakdown: Copper is running 23 lifts, providing access to 139 trails and 2,116 skiable acres.
Snowcast: NOAA is calling for mostly sunny, with a high near 28. West northwest wind 11 to 13 mph, with gusts as high as 21 mph. Sunny through the weekend with snow possible Sunday night and early next week.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: On The Hill
- On The Hill: Sledding the old-school Silver Streak at Carter Park (video)
- On The Hill: Last call for Breckenridge Park Lane laps with the family (video)
- On The Hill: Riding logs and charging hard on a Winter Park road trip (video)
- On The Hill: Seth Karlsrud, king of the jungle, in 2017 Red Bull Slopesoakers at Copper edit
- On The Hill: #TBT to Fourth of July bowl and street art on Independence Day in Breck (video)
- Faces of Hope, Part 1: Frisco mother still coming to terms with her son’s 2006 suicide
- Summit County police blotter: Woman unfazed by bee swarm inside her car
- Vail Resorts, Summit County strike deal on Keystone workforce housing
- Summit County eyes completion of Lake Hill master plan process
- End of an era: Arapahoe Basin volunteer ski patrol program finished after at least 4 decades