On the Hill video report: Carving fresh lines at Copper Mountain
March 8, 2014
VIDEO: Summit Daily News sports and outdoor editor Sebastian Foltz starts his day with some fresh lines at Copper Mountain.
Copper Mountain Resort: Copper is reporting 10 inches of new snow thin the last 24 hours. Snowcat operations expected on Tucker Ridge starting at 10 a.m.
Summit field report: It's probably more like 4 inches since the lifts closed but it is GLORIOUS. Bluebird skies, temperatures warming. It's going to be a good one.
Weather: Low 20's high teens at 9 a.m.
Liftline status: No line at 9 a.m.
Run of the day: Upper Enchanted and Union Bowl
Breakdown: Copper is running all 23 lifts with snowcat expected to run at 10 a.m.
Snowcast: NOAA is calling for a 30 percent chance of snow, mainly before 8am. Mostly sunny, with a high near 27. Northwest wind 6 to 9 mph, with gusts as high as 15 mph. New snow accumulation of less than a half inch possible. Sunday's expected high to reach 40 with mostly sunny skies.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: On The Hill
- On The Hill: 2017 Ullr Fest parade with keg bikes, ski jumps and horned helmets (video)
- On The Hill: BONUS Whale’s Tail footage with a snow tornado (video)
- On The Hill: Chasing kinky waterfalls at the final Breck Friday Throwdown park jam (video)
- On The Hill: Crushing 11” in April on A-Basin’s East Wall chutes, cliffs and everywhere else (video)
- On the Hill video: Sun is out at Breckenridge Ski Resort
- BREAKING: Silverthorne police request residents take shelter
- SWAT team called to armed standoff in Silverthorne
- Summit High School honors seven ’17 senior scholars
- Silverthorne developer seeks community feedback on project that could transform town
- Peak School in Frisco awards diplomas to first graduating class