On the Hill video report: Carving fresh lines at Copper Mountain
March 8, 2014
VIDEO: Summit Daily News sports and outdoor editor Sebastian Foltz starts his day with some fresh lines at Copper Mountain.
Copper Mountain Resort: Copper is reporting 10 inches of new snow thin the last 24 hours. Snowcat operations expected on Tucker Ridge starting at 10 a.m.
Summit field report: It's probably more like 4 inches since the lifts closed but it is GLORIOUS. Bluebird skies, temperatures warming. It's going to be a good one.
Weather: Low 20's high teens at 9 a.m.
Liftline status: No line at 9 a.m.
Run of the day: Upper Enchanted and Union Bowl
Breakdown: Copper is running all 23 lifts with snowcat expected to run at 10 a.m.
Snowcast: NOAA is calling for a 30 percent chance of snow, mainly before 8am. Mostly sunny, with a high near 27. Northwest wind 6 to 9 mph, with gusts as high as 15 mph. New snow accumulation of less than a half inch possible. Sunday's expected high to reach 40 with mostly sunny skies.
Trending In: On The Hill
- On The Hill: Winter storm warning in effect *finally* for Breckenridge (video)
- On The Hill: Backcountry 201 at Mayflower Gulch with Weston and Colorado Snowboard Guides (video)
- On The Hill: Backcountry 101 at Mayflower Gulch with Colorado Snowboard Guides (video)
- On The Hill: Riding logs and charging hard on a Winter Park road trip (video)
- On The Hill: Breckenridge Lake Chutes on a bluebird day with fresh snow (video)
- Male skier, 43, dies after falling into tree well at Tahoe-area resort
- Six-story hotel proposal hopes to “put Dillon on the map”
- Summit County real estate prices soar due to high demand, low inventory
- Former Summit Housing Authority director reaches settlement with county
- Lake Tahoe skiing: Amid record snow, Squaw to stay open through July 4