On the Hill video report: Carving fresh tracks at Copper Mountain
February 14, 2014
VIDEO: Summit Daily News sports and outdoor editor Sebastian Foltz carves some fresh tracks on Highline and Formidable at Copper Mountain.
Copper Mountain Resort: Reporting 5 inches of new snow this morning, Ski Patrol's recommended expert trail of the day is anything in Spaulding Bowl. Light snow is in the forecast for today, with some stronger winds out of the west, and temps in the mid 20s.
Explore Summit field report: No lines, no waiting and 4-5 inches of fresh snow.
Weather: 24 degrees at 9 a.m.
Liftline status: No line at 9 a.m.
Run of the day: Highline and Formidable
Breakdown: Copper is running all 23 lifts.
Snowcast: NOAA is reporting snow likely with areas of blowing snow. Cloudy, with a high near 30. Chance of precipitation is 60%. Total daytime snow accumulation of less than a half inch possible. Tonight: snow with areas of blowing snow before 11 p.m., then snow likely with areas of blowing snow after 11 p.m. Low around 26. Wind gusts as high as 38 mph. Chance of precipitation is 80%. New snow accumulation of 1 to 2 inches possible. Saturday: A 40 percent chance of snow, mainly before 11 a.m. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 36. Breezy, with a west wind around 24 mph, with gusts as high as 39 mph. New snow accumulation of less than a half inch possible.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: On The Hill
- Colorado’s fourth 14er death of 2017 renews drive to educate hikers of risks
- Man flees Summit County police officers in 100-mph motorcycle chase
- Summit County crew rescues dog in distress on Ute Pass Trail
- Amped up: Dillon begins work on $8.4M upgrade to town’s premiere performance venue
- Breckenridge-area housing project Trails at Berlin Placer takes 2 steps forward, 1 back