On the Hill video report: Carving fresh tracks at Copper Mountain
February 14, 2014
VIDEO: Summit Daily News sports and outdoor editor Sebastian Foltz carves some fresh tracks on Highline and Formidable at Copper Mountain.
Copper Mountain Resort: Reporting 5 inches of new snow this morning, Ski Patrol's recommended expert trail of the day is anything in Spaulding Bowl. Light snow is in the forecast for today, with some stronger winds out of the west, and temps in the mid 20s.
Explore Summit field report: No lines, no waiting and 4-5 inches of fresh snow.
Weather: 24 degrees at 9 a.m.
Liftline status: No line at 9 a.m.
Run of the day: Highline and Formidable
Breakdown: Copper is running all 23 lifts.
Snowcast: NOAA is reporting snow likely with areas of blowing snow. Cloudy, with a high near 30. Chance of precipitation is 60%. Total daytime snow accumulation of less than a half inch possible. Tonight: snow with areas of blowing snow before 11 p.m., then snow likely with areas of blowing snow after 11 p.m. Low around 26. Wind gusts as high as 38 mph. Chance of precipitation is 80%. New snow accumulation of 1 to 2 inches possible. Saturday: A 40 percent chance of snow, mainly before 11 a.m. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 36. Breezy, with a west wind around 24 mph, with gusts as high as 39 mph. New snow accumulation of less than a half inch possible.
Trending In: On The Hill
- On The Hill: Riding logs and charging hard on a Winter Park road trip (video)
- On The Hill: Breckenridge Lake Chutes on a bluebird day with fresh snow (video)
- On The Hill: A-Basin wins the midweek powder jackpot with 9″ (snow video)
- On The Hill: Pow surfing the backyard stash on the Soul Motion (video)
- On The Hill: Shredding Breckenridge Lake Chutes high above mist (video)
- Summit County police blotter: Cop stumbles on freshly-powdered nose
- Lake Tahoe weather: 3+ feet of snow blankets region; power outages begin
- Fremont Recpath receives $4 million in federal funds for construction
- ‘Unstable’ man attacks Aspen police with razor blades
- Take 5: Life of a Copper Mountain avalanche rescue dog