On the Hill video report: Charging groomers at Copper Mountain
March 14, 2014
VIDEO: Summit Daily News sports and outdoor editor Sebastian Foltz starts his day carving groomers at Copper Mountain.
Copper Mountain Resort: No new snow to report this morning. Expected high of 32 degrees. Snowcat operations expected on Tucker Ridge starting at 10 a.m.
Summit field report: Bluebird skies are setting up for a solid groomer day. Temperature was around 20 degrees at 9 a.m. Non-groomers were pretty crusty. Skiers may want to wait till the snow softens to hit any non-groomers.
Weather: Around 20 degrees at 9 a.m. expected high of 32
Liftline status: No line at 9 a.m. but crowds starting to file in.
Run of the day: Hallelujah to Main Vein
Breakdown: Copper is running all 23 lifts with snowcat expected to run at 10 a.m.
Snowcast: NOAA is calling for mostly sunny skies, with a high near 32. West northwest wind 8 to 13 mph, with gusts as high as 21 mph. A 30 percent chance of snow showers Friday night, mainly after midnight. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 15. New snow accumulation of less than a half inch possible. Saturday, snow showers likely. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 26. Wind chill values as low as zero. Windy, with a west northwest wind 15 to 25 mph, with gusts as high as 41 mph. Chance of precipitation is 60%. New snow accumulation of 1 to 3 inches possible.
Trending In: On The Hill
- On The Hill: Breckenridge Lake Chutes on a bluebird day with fresh snow (video)
- On the Hill video: Backcountry runs on Vail Pass
- On The Hill: Tour Breckenridge Distillery by fat bike with Z Griff and Ridden (video)
- On The Hill: Shredding Breckenridge Lake Chutes high above mist (video)
- On The Hill: MakingTurns Vol. 2, the next backcountry guide from Fritz Sperry (video)
- Summit County bars and restaurants taking up the fight against sexual assault
- Vail Resorts to buy Stowe Mountain Resort in Vermont
- Summit County assessor triumphs in bulk of initial property-tax appeals
- Officials remove aircraft wreckage from Colorado wilderness
- Snowboarder seriously injured at Buttermilk in Aspen