On the Hill video report: Checking out the 2014 SIA Snow Show in Denver
February 2, 2014
VIDEO: Summit Daily News sports and outdoor editor Sebastian Foltz heads to Denver for the 2014 SIA Snow Show
Copper Mountain: 5 inches of new snow to report this morning. A lot of the snow fell yesterday into the evening, totalling 31 inches in the last 3 days. All 23 lifts are runing, servicing 139 trails and over 2000 acres of terrain. The snowcat is expected to run to Lallarookn today on the West Ridge from 10am to 2pm. Light snow showers this morning, clearing this afternoon. High temps today will be in the mid teens.
Explore Summit field report: We hear good things. Sunday's supposed to be sunny, we'll be back on the hill tomorrow
Weather: 10 degrees with and expected high of around 17.
Liftline status: N/A
Run of the day: Denver Convention Center
Breakdown: Copper reporting all 23 lifts open. Resorts across the county expected to be at or near 100% open.
Snowcast: NOAA is reporting snow likely. Cloudy today, with falling temperatures. Expected to drop to around 9 degrees by 5 p.m. Wind chill values as low as -6. West northwest wind 8 to 11 mph. Chance of precipitation is 70%. Total daytime snow accumulation of less than one inch possible.
Tonight, snow likely, mainly before 8 p.m. Cloudy, then gradually becoming partly cloudy, with a low around -3. Wind chill values as low as -17. West wind 9 to 11 mph. Chance of precipitation is 60%. New snow accumulation of less than a half inch possible.
Sunday Mostly sunny, with a high near 15. Wind chill values as low as -18. West wind 9 to 11 mph, with gusts as high as 18 mph.
Trending In: On The Hill
- On the Hill video: Backcountry runs on Vail Pass
- On The Hill: Breckenridge Lake Chutes on a bluebird day with fresh snow (video)
- On The Hill: Tour Breckenridge Distillery by fat bike with Z Griff and Ridden (video)
- On The Hill: Shredding Breckenridge Lake Chutes high above mist (video)
- On The Hill: MakingTurns Vol. 2, the next backcountry guide from Fritz Sperry (video)
- Breckenridge police issued shelter in place warning due to barricarded individual
- Healthy economy, cheap gas prices mean more trips to Summit — and more traffic fatalities
- After devastating injuries, Chris Hawks returns to the slopes as a coach
- Summit County bars and restaurants taking up the fight against sexual assault
- Vail Resorts to buy Stowe Mountain Resort in Vermont