On the Hill video report: Checking out the 2014 SIA Snow Show in Denver
February 2, 2014
VIDEO: Summit Daily News sports and outdoor editor Sebastian Foltz heads to Denver for the 2014 SIA Snow Show
Copper Mountain: 5 inches of new snow to report this morning. A lot of the snow fell yesterday into the evening, totalling 31 inches in the last 3 days. All 23 lifts are runing, servicing 139 trails and over 2000 acres of terrain. The snowcat is expected to run to Lallarookn today on the West Ridge from 10am to 2pm. Light snow showers this morning, clearing this afternoon. High temps today will be in the mid teens.
Explore Summit field report: We hear good things. Sunday's supposed to be sunny, we'll be back on the hill tomorrow
Weather: 10 degrees with and expected high of around 17.
Liftline status: N/A
Run of the day: Denver Convention Center
Breakdown: Copper reporting all 23 lifts open. Resorts across the county expected to be at or near 100% open.
Snowcast: NOAA is reporting snow likely. Cloudy today, with falling temperatures. Expected to drop to around 9 degrees by 5 p.m. Wind chill values as low as -6. West northwest wind 8 to 11 mph. Chance of precipitation is 70%. Total daytime snow accumulation of less than one inch possible.
Tonight, snow likely, mainly before 8 p.m. Cloudy, then gradually becoming partly cloudy, with a low around -3. Wind chill values as low as -17. West wind 9 to 11 mph. Chance of precipitation is 60%. New snow accumulation of less than a half inch possible.
Sunday Mostly sunny, with a high near 15. Wind chill values as low as -18. West wind 9 to 11 mph, with gusts as high as 18 mph.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: On The Hill
- On The Hill: Sledding the old-school Silver Streak at Carter Park (video)
- Off The Hill: On a bike with Z Griff, Part 2: Trestle bike park (video)
- On The Hill: Face shots off Falcon Chair with no one else in sight (video)
- On The Hill: Last call for Breckenridge Park Lane laps with the family (video)
- On The Hill: Riding logs and charging hard on a Winter Park road trip (video)
- Vail Resorts, Summit County strike deal on Keystone workforce housing
- End of an era: Arapahoe Basin volunteer ski patrol program finished after at least 4 decades
- Man found dead in Yampa River following extensive search
- Colorado River levels mostly unaffected by lastest snowstorm
- I-70 road update: Eastbound now open at Vail Pass after crash