On the Hill video report: Deep in it at Copper Mountain
February 1, 2014
VIDEO: Summit Daily News sports and outdoor editor Sebastian Foltz gets in deep at Copper Mountain
Copper Mountain: Reporting 18 inches of new snow in the last 24 hours 26 inches in the last 48. Snow through the day, slightly chilly temps in 12-20 range. Moderate winds today out of the west may make your skiing a little bit colder as well. Resort cautions frost bite concerns.
Explore Summit field report: Heavier snow than yesterday, but just shy of amazing. Go for the steeps! Riders and skiers are likely to find fresh lines throughout the day. Expect some terrain openings later in the day, on both Friday and Saturday. Get off your couch and get after it. While the Summit Daily News does not advocate calling in sick to work, we have heard there is a bug going around, so employers: sick days may be legitimate.
Weather: High teens in the morning, possibly warmer than the forecast. Expected high in the low 20's
Liftline status: Powderhounds lined up prior to open. Little or know line at 9:30 a.m.
Run of the day: Oh No to Andy's Encore at Copper
Breakdown: Copper reporting 23 lifts open. Some likely to open later in the morning or early afternoon.
Snowcast: NOAA is calling for snow and high near 21. West wind 7 to 13 mph, with gusts as high as 21 mph. Chance of precipitation is 90%. New snow accumulation of 3 to 5 inches possible. Snow Friday night with a low around 5. Wind chill values as low as -8. West northwest wind 8 to 10 mph, with gusts as high as 16 mph. Chance of precipitation is 80%. New snow accumulation of 1 to 3 inches possible.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: On The Hill
- Off The Hill: On a bike with Z Griff, Part 2: Trestle bike park (video)
- On The Hill: Crushing 11” in April on A-Basin’s East Wall chutes, cliffs and everywhere else (video)
- On The Hill: Seth Karlsrud, king of the jungle, in 2017 Red Bull Slopesoakers at Copper edit
- On The Hill: USASA Nationals snowboard slalom with 5-year-old Sloan Alexander (snow video)
- On the Hill video: Celebrate Friday at Breckenridge Ski Resort
- End of an era: Arapahoe Basin volunteer ski patrol program finished after at least 4 decades
- Man found dead in Yampa River following extensive search
- Colorado River levels mostly unaffected by lastest snowstorm
- Vail Resorts, Summit County strike deal on Keystone workforce housing
- Breckenridge eatery to serve suspension over employee cocaine bust case