On the Hill video report: Early morning alpine touring at A-Basin
March 16, 2014
VIDEO: Summit Daily News sports and outdoor editor Sebastian Foltz get's some morning alpine touring in with a special guest at A-Basin.
Arapahoe Basin Ski Area: Reporting 4″ in the last 24 hours, powder/packed powder conditions.
Explore Summit field report: Sun's coming out. It's going to be a good one. No wind at mid mountain.
Weather: Around 14 degrees at 7:45 a.m. expected high around 29
Liftline status: No line going uphill
Run of the day: Alpine Touring main line
Breakdown: A-Basin is running 7 lifts, providing access to all of its green, blue and black terrain, and 100 percent of its expert terrain. EAST WALL is open!
Snowcast: NOAA is calling for sun with a high near 29. Wind chill values as low as -2. Blustery, with a west northwest wind 18 to 21 mph, with gusts as high as 33 mph.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: On The Hill
- On The Hill: Sledding the old-school Silver Streak at Carter Park (video)
- Off The Hill: On a bike with Z Griff, Part 2: Trestle bike park (video)
- On The Hill: Face shots off Falcon Chair with no one else in sight (video)
- On The Hill: Last call for Breckenridge Park Lane laps with the family (video)
- On The Hill: Riding logs and charging hard on a Winter Park road trip (video)
- Vail Resorts, Summit County strike deal on Keystone workforce housing
- End of an era: Arapahoe Basin volunteer ski patrol program finished after at least 4 decades
- Man found dead in Yampa River following extensive search
- Colorado River levels mostly unaffected by lastest snowstorm
- I-70 road update: Eastbound now open at Vail Pass after crash