On the Hill video report: Early morning alpine touring at A-Basin
March 16, 2014
VIDEO: Summit Daily News sports and outdoor editor Sebastian Foltz get's some morning alpine touring in with a special guest at A-Basin.
Arapahoe Basin Ski Area: Reporting 4″ in the last 24 hours, powder/packed powder conditions.
Explore Summit field report: Sun's coming out. It's going to be a good one. No wind at mid mountain.
Weather: Around 14 degrees at 7:45 a.m. expected high around 29
Liftline status: No line going uphill
Run of the day: Alpine Touring main line
Breakdown: A-Basin is running 7 lifts, providing access to all of its green, blue and black terrain, and 100 percent of its expert terrain. EAST WALL is open!
Snowcast: NOAA is calling for sun with a high near 29. Wind chill values as low as -2. Blustery, with a west northwest wind 18 to 21 mph, with gusts as high as 33 mph.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: On The Hill
- On The Hill: Sun’s out, fun’s out for slushy spring park laps at Breckenridge (video)
- On The Hill: Wail away! Summit County represents at Ravinos St. Patty’s bash in Vail (video)
- On The Hill: Breckenridge B-day with the super crew in sunny March (video)
- On The Hill: Backcountry 101 at Mayflower Gulch with Colorado Snowboard Guides (video)
- On The Hill: Midnight rider night laps under a nearly full moon at Keystone (video)
- Breckenridge businesses facing discipline over December drug bust
- Breathalyzer fraud allegations could derail Summit County DUI cases
- Historic preservation is a mixed bag in Summit — “lots of places have disappeared.”
- Top 5 most-read stories on the Web
- High Country crime: Aspen area woman accused of ski theft — again