On the Hill video report: Early morning alpine touring at A-Basin
March 16, 2014
VIDEO: Summit Daily News sports and outdoor editor Sebastian Foltz get’s some morning alpine touring in with a special guest at A-Basin.
Arapahoe Basin Ski Area: Reporting 4″ in the last 24 hours, powder/packed powder conditions.
Explore Summit field report: Sun’s coming out. It’s going to be a good one. No wind at mid mountain.
Weather: Around 14 degrees at 7:45 a.m. expected high around 29
Liftline status: No line going uphill
Run of the day: Alpine Touring main line
Breakdown: A-Basin is running 7 lifts, providing access to all of its green, blue and black terrain, and 100 percent of its expert terrain. EAST WALL is open!
Snowcast: NOAA is calling for sun with a high near 29. Wind chill values as low as -2. Blustery, with a west northwest wind 18 to 21 mph, with gusts as high as 33 mph.
Trending In: On The Hill
- Dew Tour cancels modified superpipe with Danny Davis, Kelly Clark for 2016
- Summit County police blotter: Seven-year-old saves face at Copper Mountain Resort
- Number of ski resort fatalities, injuries uncertain with lack of public data or oversight
- Housing Divided, Part 11: Developer draws up blueprint for workforce communities
- We bought a … $17,000 sign for the Frisco Town Hall