On the Hill video report: Erratic weather at Copper Mountain this morning
March 16, 2014
VIDEO: Summit Daily News sports and outdoor editor Sebastian Foltz gets into some bipolar weather at Copper Mountain.
Copper Mountain Resort: No new snow to report this morning. Expected high of 25 degrees with temperatures falling in the afternoon and snow on the way.
Summit field report: Bipolar weather this morning at Copper. Heavy snow and wind on the chairlift up followed by clears skies and sun poking through on the way down. Still windy and chilly.
Weather: Around 20 degrees at 9 a.m. expected high around 27
Liftline status: No line at 9 a.m.
Run of the day: Oh No
Breakdown: Copper is running all 23 lifts with the Tucker Mountain snowcat expected to run at 10 a.m.
Snowcast: NOAA is calling for snow showers with areas of blowing snow. Temperature falling to around 20 by 5pm. Blustery, with a northwest wind 18 to 23 mph, with gusts as high as 34 mph. Chance of precipitation is 90%. Total daytime snow accumulation of 2 to 4 inches possible. Tonight A 40 percent chance of snow showers, mainly before midnight. New snow accumulation of less than a half inch possible. Sunday Sunny, with a high near 31. Wind chill values as low as -9. Blustery, with a northwest wind 13 to 15 mph, with gusts as high as 24 mph.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: On The Hill
- On The Hill: Smashing turns at the 2017 Slash and Burn banked slalom in Steamboat (video)
- On The Hill: 8″ of fresh March snow across Summit County, get it! (video)
- On The Hill: Spring pow and a break in the clouds at Copper Mountain (video)
- On The Hill: Cruising Keystone groomers and side hits with Colorado fitness gurus (video)
- On The Hill: Backcountry 101 at Mayflower Gulch with Colorado Snowboard Guides (video)
- Clear Creek coroner: Loveland Ski Area ski patrol mishandled dead skier’s body
- Skier dies at Loveland Ski Area Friday
- Report: Faulty hardware, ‘human error’ led to fatal Flight for Life crash in Frisco
- Breckenridge roundabout and trolley updates hope to lessen congestion woes
- Wolf Creek Ski Area death March 25 confirmed as state’s 12th