On the Hill video report: Falling down is ‘Standard’ for Joe Moylan at Arapahoe Basin Ski Area
February 20, 2014
VIDEO: Summit Daily News reporter Joe Moylan battles extreme wind at A-Basin.
Arapahoe Basin Ski Area: Reporting 3″ of new snow overnight, 3″ in the last 72 hours, packed powder conditions and a 76″ base.
Explore Summit field report: It’s rough out there.
Weather: 2 degrees at 9 a.m.
Liftline status: No line at 9 a.m.
Run of the day: Lower Standard
Breakdown: A-Basin is running 7 lifts, providing access to all of its green, blue and black terrain, and 84 percent of its expert terrain.
Snowcast: NOAA is calling for snow and high winds through Sunday.
Trending In: On The Hill
- On the Hill video: Backcountry runs on Vail Pass
- On The Hill: Breckenridge Lake Chutes on a bluebird day with fresh snow (video)
- On The Hill: Tour Breckenridge Distillery by fat bike with Z Griff and Ridden (video)
- On The Hill: Shredding Breckenridge Lake Chutes high above mist (video)
- On The Hill: MakingTurns Vol. 2, the next backcountry guide from Fritz Sperry (video)
- Breckenridge police issued shelter in place warning due to barricarded individual
- Healthy economy, cheap gas prices mean more trips to Summit — and more traffic fatalities
- After devastating injuries, Chris Hawks returns to the slopes as a coach
- Summit County bars and restaurants taking up the fight against sexual assault
- Snowboarder seriously injured at Buttermilk in Aspen