On the Hill video report: Falling down is ‘Standard’ for Joe Moylan at Arapahoe Basin Ski Area
Ryan Summerlin February 20, 2014
VIDEO: Summit Daily News reporter Joe Moylan battles extreme wind at A-Basin.
Arapahoe Basin Ski Area: Reporting 3″ of new snow overnight, 3″ in the last 72 hours, packed powder conditions and a 76″ base.
Explore Summit field report: It’s rough out there.
Weather: 2 degrees at 9 a.m.
Liftline status: No line at 9 a.m.
Run of the day: Lower Standard
Breakdown: A-Basin is running 7 lifts, providing access to all of its green, blue and black terrain, and 84 percent of its expert terrain.
Snowcast: NOAA is calling for snow and high winds through Sunday.
Trending In: On The Hill
- Suicide rate in Summit County reaching record levels
- Rocky Mountain Underground opens 1st combo ski shop, bar in Breckenridge
- Breckenridge hires Anne Murphy as new open space and trails manager
- Letters: Breck Ski Resort COO talks parking improvements, Frisco residents concerned over zoning
- Best fall hikes for aspen leaves in Summit County (before they’re gone!)