On the Hill video report: Falling down is ‘Standard’ for Joe Moylan at Arapahoe Basin Ski Area
February 20, 2014
VIDEO: Summit Daily News reporter Joe Moylan battles extreme wind at A-Basin.
Arapahoe Basin Ski Area: Reporting 3″ of new snow overnight, 3″ in the last 72 hours, packed powder conditions and a 76″ base.
Explore Summit field report: It’s rough out there.
Weather: 2 degrees at 9 a.m.
Liftline status: No line at 9 a.m.
Run of the day: Lower Standard
Breakdown: A-Basin is running 7 lifts, providing access to all of its green, blue and black terrain, and 84 percent of its expert terrain.
Snowcast: NOAA is calling for snow and high winds through Sunday.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: On The Hill
- On The Hill: Sledding the old-school Silver Streak at Carter Park (video)
- Off The Hill: On a bike with Z Griff, Part 2: Trestle bike park (video)
- On The Hill: Face shots off Falcon Chair with no one else in sight (video)
- On The Hill: Last call for Breckenridge Park Lane laps with the family (video)
- On The Hill: Riding logs and charging hard on a Winter Park road trip (video)
- Vail Resorts, Summit County strike deal on Keystone workforce housing
- End of an era: Arapahoe Basin volunteer ski patrol program finished after at least 4 decades
- Man found dead in Yampa River following extensive search
- Colorado River levels mostly unaffected by lastest snowstorm
- I-70 road update: Eastbound now open at Vail Pass after crash