On the Hill video report: Finding sunshine at Copper Mountain
January 4, 2014
VIDEO: Summit Daily News sports and outdoor editor Sebastian Foltz searches for some sun at Copper Friday morning
Copper Mountain: Reporting 0" of new snow overnight, 13″ in the last 72 hours, powder/packed powder conditions. 43" base with 1,836 acres open.
Explore Summit field report: Chilly in the morning, good coverage on moguls with soft corduroy on groomers.
Weather: Blues skies with a high of 31 degrees forecast
Liftline status: No lines at 8:30 a.m. crowds rolling in slowly by 9 a.m.
Run of the day: Past Spalding Bowl to Double Zero by Resolution Chair
Breakdown: Copper is running all 23 of their lifts. Spaulding Bowl is expected to open later in the morning. Patrol is continuing patrol work with more back side terrain expected to open. Mountain Chief opened for the season on Thursday.
Snowcast: NOAA is calling for a 30 percent chance of snow after 3pm. Increasing clouds, with a high near 29. Breezy, with a west wind 13 to 22 mph, with gusts as high as 33 mph. Total daytime snow accumulation of less than a half inch possible. Tonight Areas of blowing snow and a chance of snow before midnight, then snow with areas of blowing snow after midnight. Low around 9. Wind chill values as low as -7. Breezy, with a west wind 17 to 22 mph, with gusts as high as 33 mph. Chance of precipitation is 80%. New snow accumulation of 2 to 4 inches possible.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: On The Hill
- On The Hill: Seth Karlsrud, king of the jungle, in 2017 Red Bull Slopesoakers at Copper edit
- On The Hill: A-Basin wins the midweek powder jackpot with 9″ (snow video)
- On The Hill: Crushing 11” in April on A-Basin’s East Wall chutes, cliffs and everywhere else (video)
- On The Hill: #TBT to Fourth of July bowl and street art on Independence Day in Breck (video)
- On The Hill: There for the Whale’s Tail rope drop on Ullr Fest weekend (snow video)
- Frisco’s 10 Mile Music Hall will be biggest venue of its kind in the Rockies, owners say
- Breckenridge ambulance provider stripped of transport rights after spat with county government
- Summit Daily editorial: What happened to Vail Resorts’ $30 million housing pledge?
- Faces of Hope, Part 5: Breckenridge couple learns to live with pain of son’s suicide
- A sneak peek at the $9 million Silverthorne Performing Arts Center (video, photos)