On the Hill video report: Four fresh inches at Copper Mountain
March 1, 2014
VIDEO: Summit Daily News sports and outdoor editor Sebastian Foltz takes some skinny skis through freshies at Copper Mountain.
Copper Mountain Resort: Reporting 4 inches of snow in the last 24 hours, and over 60 for the month of Feburary. Light snow during the day, mostly cloudy with a high of 30 degrees.
Explore Summit field report: Someone's on spring break, the crowds are coming. The four inches of fresh are tracking out fast. Avalanche work being done in the back bowls.
Weather: Around 20 degrees at 9 a.m.
Liftline status: Minimal line at 9 a.m.
Run of the day: Upper Enchanted Forest
Breakdown: Copper is running all 23 lifts. Back Bowls expected to open after morning avalanche mitigation work.
Snowcast: NOAA is calling for a 40 percent chance of snow, mainly after 2pm. Cloudy, with a high near 28. Breezy, with a west wind 18 to 21 mph, with gusts as high as 33 mph. Total daytime snow accumulation of less than one inch possible.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: On The Hill
- On The Hill: Sun’s out, fun’s out for slushy spring park laps at Breckenridge (video)
- On The Hill: Breckenridge B-day with the super crew in sunny March (video)
- On The Hill: Wail away! Summit County represents at Ravinos St. Patty’s bash in Vail (video)
- On The Hill: Backcountry 101 at Mayflower Gulch with Colorado Snowboard Guides (video)
- On The Hill: USASA Nationals snowboard slalom with 5-year-old Sloan Alexander (snow video)
- Storm set to break Summit County’s dry spell with as many as 7 inches predicted Thursday
- Breckenridge businesses facing discipline over December drug bust
- Breckenridge Police Department a leader on diversity and inclusion
- Summit County real estate roundup: High-end real estate sales see spike in January
- Summit County daycare teachers to get free health care access