On the Hill video report: Four fresh inches at Copper Mountain
Ryan Summerlin March 1, 2014
VIDEO: Summit Daily News sports and outdoor editor Sebastian Foltz takes some skinny skis through freshies at Copper Mountain.
Copper Mountain Resort: Reporting 4 inches of snow in the last 24 hours, and over 60 for the month of Feburary. Light snow during the day, mostly cloudy with a high of 30 degrees.
Explore Summit field report: Someone’s on spring break, the crowds are coming. The four inches of fresh are tracking out fast. Avalanche work being done in the back bowls.
Weather: Around 20 degrees at 9 a.m.
Liftline status: Minimal line at 9 a.m.
Run of the day: Upper Enchanted Forest
Breakdown: Copper is running all 23 lifts. Back Bowls expected to open after morning avalanche mitigation work.
Snowcast: NOAA is calling for a 40 percent chance of snow, mainly after 2pm. Cloudy, with a high near 28. Breezy, with a west wind 18 to 21 mph, with gusts as high as 33 mph. Total daytime snow accumulation of less than one inch possible.
Trending In: On The Hill
- Housing Divided, Part 2: Summit’s most vital workers live elsewhere
- Breckenridge town council rebuts claim it reneged on parking garage promise
- Truck stolen from Wildernest winds up on Baldy Road in Breckenridge
- Kelly Samuels: 1969 – 2016
- Amaya’s ex-wife says they tried exorcism of him two years before double homicide