On the Hill video report: Four fresh inches at Copper Mountain
March 1, 2014
VIDEO: Summit Daily News sports and outdoor editor Sebastian Foltz takes some skinny skis through freshies at Copper Mountain.
Copper Mountain Resort: Reporting 4 inches of snow in the last 24 hours, and over 60 for the month of Feburary. Light snow during the day, mostly cloudy with a high of 30 degrees.
Explore Summit field report: Someone's on spring break, the crowds are coming. The four inches of fresh are tracking out fast. Avalanche work being done in the back bowls.
Weather: Around 20 degrees at 9 a.m.
Liftline status: Minimal line at 9 a.m.
Run of the day: Upper Enchanted Forest
Breakdown: Copper is running all 23 lifts. Back Bowls expected to open after morning avalanche mitigation work.
Snowcast: NOAA is calling for a 40 percent chance of snow, mainly after 2pm. Cloudy, with a high near 28. Breezy, with a west wind 18 to 21 mph, with gusts as high as 33 mph. Total daytime snow accumulation of less than one inch possible.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: On The Hill
- On The Hill: 2017 Ullr Fest parade with keg bikes, ski jumps and horned helmets (video)
- On The Hill: A-Basin wins the midweek powder jackpot with 9″ (snow video)
- On The Hill: Crushing 11” in April on A-Basin’s East Wall chutes, cliffs and everywhere else (video)
- On The Hill: Flipping The Wailer at Vail in honor of Ben Hinkley (snow video)
- On The Hill: There for the Whale’s Tail rope drop on Ullr Fest weekend (snow video)
- Frisco’s 10 Mile Music Hall will be biggest venue of its kind in the Rockies, owners say
- Breckenridge ambulance provider stripped of transport rights after spat with county government
- Vail Resorts declines Summit County request to split $300k in housing project costs
- Summit Daily editorial: What happened to Vail Resorts’ $30 million housing pledge?
- Sexual misconduct charges against former Copper Mountain maintenance worker dismissed on eve of re-trial