On the Hill video report: Fresh late March lines at Copper Mountain
March 28, 2014
VIDEO: Summit Daily News sports and outdoor editor Sebastian Foltz gets into some late march fresh at Copper Mountain.
Copper Mountain Resort: Reporting 8 inches of new snow in the last 24 hours. Expected high of 26 degrees.
Summit field report: Probably around 5 fresh inches over night. Setting up to be a great powder day.
Weather: In the teens at 9 a.m. expected high around 27
Liftline status: No line at 9 a.m.
Run of the day: Off of Super Bee, near Oh No, Sawtooth and Formidable
Breakdown: Copper is running all 23 lifts
Snowcast: NOAA is calling a 30 percent chance of snow showers, mainly before 1pm. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 23. Blustery, with a west wind 18 to 21 mph, with gusts as high as 36 mph. Total daytime snow accumulation of around an inch possible. Tonight: 20 percent chance of snow showers before 7 p.m. Mostly cloudy, then gradually becoming mostly clear, with a low around 18. Saturday: mostly sunny, with a high near 34.
Trending In: On The Hill
- Vail Resorts’ partner submits Keystone workforce housing proposal
- Video footage from Breckenridge’s Race of the Santas; Bernese Mountain Dog parade
- Summit Daily letters: Frisco Town Council rushes to build superblock on Main Street
- Summit County mulls deed-restriction exceptions
- Summit School District again bests all-time enrollment total