On the Hill video report: Fresh late March lines at Copper Mountain
March 28, 2014
VIDEO: Summit Daily News sports and outdoor editor Sebastian Foltz gets into some late march fresh at Copper Mountain.
Copper Mountain Resort: Reporting 8 inches of new snow in the last 24 hours. Expected high of 26 degrees.
Summit field report: Probably around 5 fresh inches over night. Setting up to be a great powder day.
Weather: In the teens at 9 a.m. expected high around 27
Liftline status: No line at 9 a.m.
Run of the day: Off of Super Bee, near Oh No, Sawtooth and Formidable
Breakdown: Copper is running all 23 lifts
Snowcast: NOAA is calling a 30 percent chance of snow showers, mainly before 1pm. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 23. Blustery, with a west wind 18 to 21 mph, with gusts as high as 36 mph. Total daytime snow accumulation of around an inch possible. Tonight: 20 percent chance of snow showers before 7 p.m. Mostly cloudy, then gradually becoming mostly clear, with a low around 18. Saturday: mostly sunny, with a high near 34.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: On The Hill
- On The Hill: 2017 Ullr Fest parade with keg bikes, ski jumps and horned helmets (video)
- On The Hill: Nintendo Switch commercial shoot for Z Griff, The Video Game (video)
- On The Hill: Searching for the space-pow vortex at Wolf Creek (video)
- On The Hill: Tour Breckenridge Distillery by fat bike with Z Griff and Ridden (video)
- Silverthorne construction fatality may have been caused by equipment blind spot, inspectors say
- Gov. John Hickenlooper takes a spin in visit to possible link in Alma-to-Aspen trail loop
- Frisco’s 10 Mile Music Hall will be biggest venue of its kind in the Rockies, owners say
- Knopf: Why does Colorado make it so hard for immigrant to get driver’s licenses? (column)
- State agencies meet in Silverthorne to create strategies for reducing highway animal deaths